1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your favorite in-game Rockets memory?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HowsMyDriving, Jul 26, 2010.

1. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i love this one. not my favorite but top 3 for sure.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0idEHGQFlP4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0idEHGQFlP4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. BigBopper

BigBopper Member

sounds redundant, but t-mac 13 in 35 seconds and EJ for 333333333333333

3. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Long version, but worth watching. ;)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LF740MqYbOs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LF740MqYbOs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

4. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Game Four of the 1985-86 WCF v. the Lakers. I am pretty sure it was Allen Leavell who pulled down the rebound that actually sealed that 3-1 lead (which set the stage for Ralph Sampson's gorgeous game winner in Game 5 in LA....).

My recollection is that when Leavell came down with the ball, the Summit just exploded; it felt like the windows would blow out of the concourse. To this day, I have never heard a noise like that. Everyone realized the Rockets had taken control of a series they were not scripted to win (remember, this was the fully healthy Showtime Lakers smack in the middle of their dynasty...), and as Leavell dribbled out the clock, the noise got louder and louder until the buzzer went off. I get chills thinking about it.

I would have been 14 or so, what an experience.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Dreams block of Starks in game 6 of the Finals....

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I love reading things like this. You were lucky enough to see it live. Man, that was a wonderful series! I was watching it from Austin, having moved there a few of years before, and I think some of the games were tape delayed. In that respect, the league has come a long way.

7. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Horry's 4th quarter 3 against Orlando in Game 3 of the Finals The one that put us up by 4. Dagger! Elie's 3 against the Suns in Game 7 is a very very close 2nd along with Hakeem's 3 against the Magic with the clock running out in game 4.

Others:
    TMac's dunk on Shawn Bradley
    TMac's last 3 against the Spurs
    Oh yeah and Eddie Johnson's 3 against the j*zz

8. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Iam a new rocket and the best moment was Carl's Facial on Odom game 6 ..

9. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Ahh, what I would have given to have been at that game. It's one thing to have watched them all on TV (with friends, at home, in a bar -- wherever), but being there for that game and those moments would have been something special indeed. :)

10. elindio23

elindio23 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7rsqsNf4SE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7rsqsNf4SE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

11. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

tmacs 13 in 35 was unbelievable :) especially watching it live :) i remember it was on national tv too so everyone got a glimse of that crazy shiet :)

12. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Junk Yard Dog: Kiss of Death

13. Steve_Francis_rules

This is definitely my choice for favorite Rockets memory. I was there to see it in person, too.

14. 757

757 Member

Mine is easily 13 in 35, because I was at the game! Very lucky to be there, it was amazing. I felt bad for all the people that left early.

15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

The moment Clutch City became official.

[​IMG]

16. rocketschamp3

rocketschamp3 Member

13 in 35.mainly cause i was there

17. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Top 5:
    13 in 35
    Kiss of death
    Sampson miracle shot
    Hakeem tip in on Orlando
    All of dreams big blocks

Recently top:
    Novak game winner keep streak alive
    Ariza three against Lakers after Kobes three with time running out
    Brooks nuggets shot, Celtics three to force OT
    Yao coming back on court
    Every rockets win :)

18. Stepping Razor

My top 2 moments have to be 13 in 35 and Eddie's 3pt shot against the Jazz.

I actually only caught the 4th quarter of "13 in 35" and almost turned off the TV, but I am never the type to turn it off prematurely. I remember TNT was already rolling the credits and wrapping up the broadcast, Marv Albert saying "Houston will now fall to _ and_" when they had like 2 minutes left. I literally jumped and screamed, almost waking the folks up, and still get goosebumps.

Eddie Johnson's three was just unforgettable as well, I had just started really getting in to Rockets basketball and that helped seal the deal!!

19. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

When Boki dunked on Malone