1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Your Favorite Auto Manufacturer?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Sep 26, 2012.

Tags:
?

Favorite Auto Manufacturer

1. Ford (includes Lincoln)

12 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. GM (Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, GMC trucks)

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Chrysler (Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nissan (Infiniti)

10 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. Toyota (Lexus)

27 vote(s)
    24.3%
  6. Honda (Acura)

12 vote(s)
    10.8%
  7. BMW

15 vote(s)
    13.5%
  8. Kia

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. Mercedes-Benz

9 vote(s)
    8.1%
  10. Other - state (Mazda, Subaru, Hyundai, VW, etc.)

19 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. The Stig

The Stig Member

Audi! Still got my 04 S4 and it's still going strong! MPG is terrrible though, I barely get 17MPG...

Hopefully I can get a new car when I graduate and land a good job. Used RS5 or C63 black series are on top of my wish list so that first job is going to be crucial!

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

My dad owns a Toyota Sienna 08, Corolla 11 and a Camary 04.

3. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I've always been a BMW/Mercedes-Benz fan -the M/AMG models, respectively. Things that dampen that enthusiasm:

1) Houston (and U.S.) infrastructure and traffic prevents enjoying these cars.

2) Increasing climate changes -> more UV rays that ruin the cars faster.

3) When you spend significant money, you hope to stand out a little bit. Yet these German brands are now a dime a dozen.

Knowing what I know now, I would've bought something basic and saved up for an exotic like a Koenigsegg instead of spending it on a premium brand like BMW. However, if I didn't enjoy driving cars, I would choose a Toyota (Lexus) or Honda, and drive it into the ground. Nothing beats that reliability and affordable price.

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

1) Take a road trip, or just go to Galveston... Every weekend... I guess?
    2) Put it in the Garage
    3) You will stand out in an M3 or C63 AMG Black series, both cars are super bulky compared to the regular 3 series/C class.
    Put a 3 series next to an M3 and the differences are notable.

That is a pretty good idea, I was thinking the same thing get a reliable car now and save up until mid 40s and early 50s and get your car that you've always wanted. For me that is the M3 which is more affordable compared to the Merc C63 AMG, Audi rs5 and Porsche 911 carerra s.

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Love my BMW. I've had it for 4 years now and it's the first car I haven't been itching to get rid of after a few years. Will probably drive it until it dies.

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

What do you think about the M3 compared to it's rivals from Porsche, Mercedes and Audi?

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Chrysler GM is on F- suicide watch after seeing the poll results.

8. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I will never buy a car made by Chrysler. At first glace the Challenger seemed like a cool car to me but it is nothing more than a Chrysler 300 with a better design.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I honestly don't know a whole lot about those other brands, but an M3 is my dream car. I have done some casual looking at getting something like an 09 or 2010 M3 coupe. What I have right now is an 08 528i, which I absolutely love for the comfort and smooth ride, but I do get the itch at times for something that has the pure beast muscle of an M3 :) .

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like Porsche since they only make a few models and still build around the iconic 911.

11. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

in the late 80s i used to terrorise the south of France in one of these...probably the most fun car i've ever owned (even though i'd have to take in to Centre Alpine at least once a year to replace the hard-to-access clutch)
    [​IMG]

in Houston, i've owned a few exotics but as DMC89 stated, hard to enjoy them intown...here, i love my Chevy's!
    - everyday car 1989 Full Size Chevy Blazer
    - when not on a moto, my favourite week-end transport "69 El Camino
    [​IMG]