1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what's wrong with TNT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigernet, Apr 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Mooch. Some people here are just blowing off a little steam. Let them. It's no big deal. If they want to complain, you cant stop them.

Secondly, the overlap for OTs is something that TNT has to look at next year. Maybe have a game delay for the 2nd game if the 1st game goes into OT. Maybe have a game delay and start -- at most -- 30 minutes past the normal game time. So instead of losing 50 minutes of the game, we'd miss only 20 minutes for two OTs (or very little for 1 OT).

I'm sure TNT can make some arrangements with their advertisers on this. Or the NBA can make another agreement with another station (TBS again, or someone else).

Now, to answer your question above...
    If Dallas/Houston were playing in two OTs, I'm sure that a lot of Heat/Nets fans would be pissed if they missed 50 minutes of their game even if the Mav/Rox game was good. At least I can understand their point of view if they were pissed off.

So, instead of saying, "What were they going to do?" Or "Stop complaining." We should instead be asking, how to improve this for next year so there's backup plan or some kind of accommodating scheme for those fans that DO want to change to the other game.

We are TNT's customers. And I'm sure they will listen. Do not piss off your customers/viewers. It's bad for business.

#41 DavidS, Apr 30, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2005