1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's wrong with our superstar and will he get his mojo back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Jan 30, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just a reminder James Harden wanted Westbrook here.
    Just a reminder James Harden knows what we need to do. He knows exactly what we need to do.
    Just a reminder James Harden is the one that doesn't play defense.
    Just a reminder James Harden is the one that yells at others for not playing/getting back on defense. (...as he turns it over & doesn't get back or stays back yelling at the ref for a "missed call")
    Just a reminder James Harden is the dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble king.
    Just a reminder James Harden doesn't cross half court if he doesn't have the ball in his hands.
    Just a reminder James Harden ran off Dwight, CP3, Carmelo, who are now thriving elsewhere.
    Just a reminder for the 2nd time in 3/4 months we're asking "What's up/what's wrong with Harden?" (Was he hurt at the beginning of the season too?)
    Just a reminder we always have an excuse for this guy. He's concussed, he's hurt, he's drunk, he went to the club...
    Just a reminder we'll be making more excuses for him again this postseason
    Just a reminder...¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

BigShasta, Lurch, Air Yordan and 2 others like this.
  2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

first sign of weakness? Harden, for all his offensive prowess, is a diva. he sulks, he gives almost no effort defensively, he routinely flames out in the playoffs. Have we been watching the last 5 years? sure, how about being benched in the clippers comeback, how about 0-27 game 7, how about 15 turnovers game 5, how about not even taking a KD-less dubs to 7, oh ya.... SPURS GAME 6 ffs. perhaps the biggest can of quit i have ever seen on an nba court.

howard, for all his faults, was our best performer in the playoffs when he was around. harden doesn't like him - boom, gone. cp3 was brought in, we had our best season EVER, he gets injured, harden can't close out the dubs in 2 home games then harden ships him off a year later. melo barely sniffed time here. now its westbrook's turn to see if he can get along w harden before harden decides to mail it in again.

sorry some of us are no longer thrilled w consistent regular season stat-padding and just as consistent postseason disappointment.

J.R. likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

For the last ****ing time just because his numbers drop in the playoffs does not equate to flaming out. Despite his few real stinkers he is STILL one of the better impact playoff performers. D

Since Harden joined Houston 3 teams have more playoffs wins. GS, SA and Lebrons Cavs. How is being sent home by two of those teams such a huge disappointment? They were better than us. Period. Losing to those team does not equal flaming out,

NO ONE wanted Howard around, not one ****ing team. Taken him what 4-5 years to finally get his **** together and realize he needed to change and you blame Harden for wanting him gone back then? Dumb.

Contrary to popular belief about Harden, Tilman made the Westbrook move. Like directly from the horses mouth. He said it.

Melo? For ****s sake you are bringing up Melo? His best bud LeBron didn’t even scoop him up. And he still sucks.

Some of y’all take your dislike of Harden, for whatever reason it may be, and let yourself go into fantasy land.

Reeko, Blurr#7, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess they think Westbrook's triple double season 1 was MVP worthy though Harden was better

Rocket River

5. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Absolutely, shot selection and inability to execute plays due to lack of explosiveness would be affected by a thigh injury, etc. Turnovers are a sign of that especially when the player in question was playing at a high level.

D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. lionaire

lionaire Member

He needs extended time off. I'll be pissed if he plays in the all-star game. Let him skip those two games before the break and he'll have nearly 10 days off.

Lurch, Stormy1234 and smp like this.
  7. smp

smp Member

It’s been a bunch of broken pieces this year. Westbrook can’t play back to backs. EG has been broken. GG is broken. Nene is broken. Sefolosha is broken- I guess? Chandler is broken. Harden has been broken for a month now. Tucker’s shot is broken. Capela’s heel is broken.

Yeah, all these broken pieces don’t fit like 2017-18. No ****. There’s a lot more going on here than just adding Westbrook.

It’s Starting to feel like the Yao and Tmac years. Could never get everyone healthy at the same time.

D-rock likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he is just human and this **** does happen. If his team can't carry us then blow it up. We still have assets. Starting with Westbrook.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro you really are the worst, like the only reason you don’t get more crap is cause you post tweets.

10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No. He doesn't have to take step back shots. He can simply run pick & roll and be a playmaker. But throwing the ball leading to fastbreak dunks isn't a injury turnover, it's careless

11. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Why is this even a thing? Obviously Harden been to every strip clubs in houston. He's bored

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Many things wrong above but your mashup of Skip Bayless reheated chicken breast with broccoli take seasoned with dried Michelle Beadle and a drop of Broussard sauces is parody level awesome.

Dwight Howard averaged about 19 points a game when he was here in the playoffs.

His trend was not favorable. The first year against Portland he hit 26 in 6 games, but by the end he put in 66 total points in a 5 game surrender to the Warriors (including 8 points, 5 fouls, -30 in the closeout game)

Harden for reference has put up over 28 ppg in his Rockets playoff career as part of his notorious "disappearing act"

Anyway I don't let facts get in the way of an AM radio take. Continue before they have to cut to sponsor message!

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  13. SWTsig

I’m sorry, I was too busy trying to find all the times Harden has led this team to the finals and can’t find any. I see a game in which he literally gave up against a Kawhi and Parker-less spurs team at home but i can’t find those times he carried the team on his back.

You’re really smart, maybe you can help.

14. SamFisher

How are the cheez doodles? Amazing?

Go to bed Skip. You have an early day tomorrow

D-rock likes this.
  15. SWTsig

I’m just trying to find that signature Harden series-clinching, tough as nails playoff victory. Why won’t you help?

16. SamFisher

Because I'm still laughing at the dipshit who tried to assemble a "Dwight Howard greatest Rocket Playoff Moments" album in his Google photos account...

...and then had all weekend to try to recover...

....got sore when the Rockets won a game today...

...and then came back with....whatever this is?

2/10, your performance here is like what the bathroom in Andy Reid's hotel suite is going to smell like tomorrow.

Leave and ruminate.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

He's Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Damn!!

19. SWTsig

Awwww that's cute. this might sounds weird to someone who has 3.5x as many posts in a shorter amount of time but a lot of us have lives outside internet bulletin boards. this is particularly true on the weekend. super weird, i know, but it's true.

now please, can you find me that career-defining, postseason harden performance? i'm talking about a positive series-clinching one, not one that sees him turning the ball over 15 times or getting benched as we make the biggest 4th quarter comeback in recent playoff memory or playing like a walking concussion against an all-star-less rival at home or shooting 15% from 3 and posting the 2nd lowest ORtg of our starting 5 and lowest DRtg on the entire team. you know, the time where he put the whole team on his back when their back was up against the wall it was time to put his nuts on the line.

bc far as i can tell you haven't even tried.