1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Wrong With Our Current System?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Nov 14, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Can anyone please explain why picks/screens are only being set for Harden & very few are being set for Lin. I believe tonight Patterson once again refused to set a screen for Jeremy I may be mistaken though.

In the few times that Jeremy was out there on the court as the primary ball handler the bigs did nothing for him but for Harden they gave him everything. That is why I am starting to wonder about the coaching it's like they were lost with Lin as the ball handler but were more comfortable with James.

And the funny thing is that before it wasn't like that at all. In practice likely all there doing is practicing sets with James as the ball handler & none for Lin. That is my thinking.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I am tired, just got home from Skyfall, but I will give it a go.

Opportunity for a successful drive from the three point line depends highly on the space provided by the defense. Jeremy Lin has a lot of space between him and his defender. This effectively cuts down on your drive angles, while daring you to hit the three pointer. With a more mature offense than the Rockets can run at this point in the season, Lin could be freed up for a drive by a pick or two. It, however, is not basic NBA basketball and has probably not been incorporated into the active play part of the playbook yet. If the man on defense is playing off, the opportunities to successfully catch him on a screen are dramatically reduced, due to the wide spacing allowed by the defender playing off of Lin. Also Lin has a problem going to his left, which further cuts down his effectiveness.

In contrast Harden can hit the three point shot with regularity. Therefore, on defense he must be played tight. Then Harden can use his quickness to get around the primary defender and with one dribble can be launching a shot right next to the hoop. If they collapse on harden it offers up those so efficient passing lanes in the paint to Asik.

I do believe that Lin will increase his range on shots. Hitting open 3 pointers is just about required at this stage. I do believe he can get there.

#42 jtr, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  3. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

I´m a huge Lin fan.

But im starting to think is better for Lin be traded.

---

Mark Cuban is talking about him a lot in last days.

Saturday he said he had called to Lin before the Rockets, but he thought that Knicks might matched any offer.

Probably he is interested on him.

And Lakers too.

---

This situation is destroying his confidence.

This system dont request a playmaker PG like him.

---

And probably.

This was the reason for neither Lowry or Goran wanted stay....

Its very clear now.

---

4. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

I like the way you think. The problem with our PnR is pretty much the big man. We need Stoudmire type of big man who is mobile and strong to the rim.