1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's up with the West this year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jayhow92, Nov 22, 2015.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It's pretty much looking like Warriors, Spurs and that's it. Rockets are four under 500, Grizzles are 500, Thunder are 7-6, and Clippers are under 500.

What's going on? I don't think anybody expected this.

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

In before "it's still early".

3. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

The West is finally unraveling....

4. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

more evenly matched teams maybe? Although the West vs East record is about .500

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Moratorium by the NBA. Whatelse do you think could've happened. We saw it as Rockets fans when we played Eastern conference teams... I.e. Atlanta Hawks

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Mavs have been pretty surprising. They're competing hard despite all their injuries. I guess Carlisle is that good.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

So do you think that the West will get it together as the season progresses?

9-4 is pretty good considering what they've battled. Gotta be a COY candidate right now.

I guess the East has just gotten a lot better. I just didn't expect it to be so rapid. There's ten teams in the East that are 500 or better.

8. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

They have crazy good team chemistry honestly. Carlisle obviously is the main reason, he is a fantastic coach, but those guys just love playing together it seems like.

9. rockets13champs

Your seeing the "team basketball era" begin. No more 1 man teams, 2 man teams or 3 man teams. U need a SOLID group of players to contend in the NBA today.

10. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

That's good. It's about time the east put in work.

Warriors 65-75 wins
    Spurs 55-60 wins
    3 seed to 8 seed 42-50 wins range with some combo of Mavs, grizz, clippers, rockets, okc, minny, Utah, Denver, NO, Suns. I can see any combination of theses teams filling out seeds 3-8.

Right now, really only the Blazers, lakers and kings have no shot at playoffs in west. I know the pellies sucked but I can see them getting to 42 wins and getting the eighth seed.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If I recall correctly last season the Spurs also started pretty weak and finished strong. The spurs were at 20-14 going into the new year, then they turned it on. Any of these teams in the west (yes, the Rockets included) can do the same.

But damn, I wonder how good the warriors would be without that barrage of illegal screens. I mean Curry is killing it, but still.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Most of these teams haven't waken up yet. The Rockets will wake up at some point also.

13. MystikArkitect

Should make you feel better as a Rockets fan. OKC, Clippers, Grizz, and Rockets all underachieving. Not sure what the reasons are...every season you get a team here and there that should be doing better but sure seems like a lot of teams this year.

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

The Thunder have been without KD and are adjusting to a new coach. They'll be the #3 seed behind the Warriors and Spurs at the end of the season. The Clippers have been playing without Paul too.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair every year there were 1 or 2 powerhouses that struggled

OKC last year and Memphis

I hate the Warriors but it is probably a mini dynasty. Lebron is getting older too. And the East is not really a challenge.

the Spurs might make it harder

16. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Rockets will definitely turn it on. When - is the question.

17. KDZ

KDZ Member

maybe next season?

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I still put Clips and OKC right up there with Warriors and Spurs. At their peak, those 2 can compete with GSW and SAS.

But right now, it looks like Cavs v. Warriors again.