1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's up with Marcus Morris?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slothy420, Apr 13, 2012.

1. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

cool story bro congrats :grin:

2. jocar

jocar Member

I'd like to think that he couldn't do any worse than PPat's more recent showings. Wish he was ready to plug and play when Chase or PPat are struggling and forcing up bricks

3. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

There were times during the 3rd quarter of the past two games that I would have liked to seen someone who can make a shot. That was painful.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

People said the same thing about TWill, Thabeet, Tmac after surgery, Bonzi Wells, and Stromile. Guys tend to be in the dog house for a reason. Let Morris earn his time.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I think his record speaks for itself. There is no question Kahwi can get minutes and contribute for any team in the league. Morris just cant play the 3 well enough yet to contribute towards the playoffs for us. He could definitely get minutes on the lottery teams who can afford to let him develop his game on court and not worry about making playoffs.

Imagine if we had both Parsons and Leonard. They could have even played next to each other. Oh well.

6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i don't think morris and t-will not playing is a result of their play in practice. i honestly think that mchale is just not playing the rookies in favor of the veterans on the team. playing all of the rookies will cut into all of the other players minutes, and it will prolly mess up the player rotations. lol kinda makes me wish hubie brown coached this team. hubie used to give almost everyone on the rotation PT (80s knicks, mid 2000s grizzlies.)

7. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Yea, what you obviously arent mentioning is that Marcus Morris is a rookie. He was our 1st round draft pick, but yet the coach refuses to get him consistent minutes. Mchale completley dropped the ball

8. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

I prefer to play Morris over PPat, who is really struggling.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Do you think every rookie gets consistent minutes? There are several first round draft picks that don't get regular playing time.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is no evidence,that he has dropped the ball. I want Morris to succeed but Parsons has outplayed him. Everyone can see that. I would be interested in seeing how well he does in the next NBA season.

11. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I noticed that Morris played about 6 min and scored 4 pts on 2-4 shooting with 2 boards on Sunday against Denver. Can anyone comment to how he looked in his limited action? This may be silly of me to ask, but did he just play in garbage time once we were had already been blown out, or did any of those mins come in the third? Thanks

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

He scored, but it was not in the flow of the offense. He took the ball with the intent of shooting. Done deal. A lot like Melo's mentality if you ask me. Similar offensive set as well. Post up or jump shot.

But I don't think you can judge him based off of garbage minutes. This is when I would be taking shots no matter what as well.

13. slamburger

slamburger Member

He looked good in the limited minutes. Had some nice moves to create the shots and made a decent pass as well. Not sure why he isn't getting any burn at all.

14. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I think Morris needs to watch Brandon Bass and carve out a similar role for himself.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Who knows? If Camembert is out tonight---both centers, that is---maybe Morris will get more than a few minutes. And by "few minutes", I mean, those few minutes at the end of the game after Dallas has already cut our femoral artery.

McHale is a strange creature. I'm sure more than a few players like him as coach but he's obviously no better than mediocre. Given a real offseason and training camp he might get in some good work with these bigs, but giving away 2 games to Denver shows just how easily he can be outcoached.

We'll have to hope that some team out there needs to add depth (Miami trading Bosh) or cut costs while remaining competitive (Memphis) or whatever.

No free agent will look at Houston and say, You know, they have a great coach, that's where I want to be. Morris is an example of that. Despite getting a late start on the season with contract issues and then twisting his ankle in the D league, he should have got some burn.

You don't have to force the small forward issue. Sometimes Chandler plays 4. Just get Morris in at either forward spot. Kid has talent. You wouldn't know it now.

16. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

start marcus m for the rest of the season, theres nothing to loose now

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah ...they're playing their best players ...like Patrick Patterson :confused:

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Morris, like Bud, has been outplayed by Parsons. That's all. I don't think his lack of playing has anything to do with poor practice, attitude, or performance. He's just been outplayed.

So then the question is, should Morris play over Bud? But with K-Mart out and C-Lee being less than consistent, we need all the outside shooting we can get. Therefore, Bud should play over Morris.

19. srupselur21

srupselur21 Rookie

wasted Pick at #14 ,,
    Guess who picked at #15 and it's starting for that team ?

[​IMG]

Yep, spurs R.C. Bufford does not use that quantum #@##$@#$@#$@#$$^ number formula Morey does and gets it right almost every time. Boris Diao and Stephen Jackson last 2 additions.. Spurs will win it all this year.

20. srupselur21

srupselur21 Rookie

ok, ok, not picked at #15 but traded for;; same difference... Check out the uniform.