1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's up with Marcus Morris?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slothy420, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I mostly call it a wasted pick because I follow college ball and the draft really closely, and watched him a ton at KU.

...Watch us pick Jared Sullinger this year, and try to convert him into an SG :(

2. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

This.

3. Garner

Garner Member

Chandler parsons was a more NBA ready player than Morris; however, Morris probably has the higher ceiling.

With that said, Morris (along w/ Patterson) will really benefit from summer league and an offseason with McHale's coaching staff

4. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

he's actually a very nice cool guy, like REEKO said he was wetting 3s and wetting everything during warm ups then signed autographs for everyone I said a couple words to him while he was signing my jersey like how u doing man he was like "good just chillin" I was like yup thats all we do is chill lol.

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I thought that was the oddest coaching decision all year... that was nasty to watch, and a huge problem if we have to solve it in the playoffs.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I know people like McHale, but I watch him making what I consider rookie coaching mistakes, especially in matchups, or in end of game offense and defense substitutions.

It was pretty clear that the small lineup of bigs was not working well inside, and yet, Camby and Dally sat as Utah pounded it inside....

Just bizzare.

DD

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets made a run to close the game to 4 pts with Scola and Pat up front and Dagic Lowry in the back. They went with what worked.

8. aball1991

aball1991 Member

I understand that this is just your commentary, and this is a forum where you are free to post it, however, what makes you think that you know better than a Hall of Fame basketball player and current NBA coach. I understand he has made mistakes, but I am sure there is some rationale behind his decisions that you are not aware of...just saying...

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

TWill with a better attitude?

10. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

You must not read the GARM very much ;)

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

haha... yeah you must be new here. DD doesn't like McHale, and thinks he was a bad decision...

Ill give DD the benefit of the doubt on McHales coaching decisions because, Yes, he does make some "rookie" coaching mistakes.

However, last night, the small ball lineup actually got the Rockets back in the ballgame when they were down by around 15 I believe with Dalembert in the game late in the 3rd.

IMO, I would have liked McHale to have called a timeout around 4 minutes left to go and infused Camby and Parsons back into the lineup, but he chose to keep the small-ball lineup on the court. Coaches decision that didnt work out, but it was his choice to make.

McHale knows more about basketball then you, me, and DD so Im pretty sure he had good reasons for staying small. It could have gone either way. Either way, it wasnt THAT coaching decision that got the Rockets that far behind in the first place.

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Maybe Marcus Morris is good, but Chandler Parsons is better? Not to mention C-Bud's finally accept his bench role with a vengeance.

Personally, I think Marcus Morris has a higher ceiling and has a higher offensive upside, while Parsons is the more NBA ready and better fit for the team...he would probably be a very good starter if developed.

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

The Problem is he is no Kawhi Leonard.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Do you think Kawhi would have found the D-League if he was picked by the Rox? Or would he have impressed McHale enough to play him over Parsons?

15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Morris probably hasn't learned to play good enough team defense. I have no doubt his skills are ok for a rookie right now, but we need a 3 that can play defense and when we don't then we need instance offense.

Right now, Marcus didn't show any of that to the coaches and therefore they can't trust Morris. Although I suspect Morey might try to trade Chase in th off season since we have a lot of SF at this time.

16. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I'm sure he can be a spark off the bench at the 3 offensively. however i don't know if he improved his defense at that position, which is why parsons is our starter. But honestly, I'd rather watch him be the back up at the 3 rather than bud. Mchale might as well try something new, since our team has been horrible offensively lately :mad:

17. rednationfan

rednationfan Member

lets just wait and see, his time will eventually come..

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Morris has been a season long resident in Mchale's doghouse.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Where?

Traded to Pheonix in off season?

20. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Not buying this. The kid can ball. Mchale just hasn't given him a real opportunity since the regular season started. Budinger's had PLENTY of chances to work through his slumps. Morris has been put on too short of a leash by the coach.