1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats up with Francis?His unselfishness is hurting the team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wink_Cat-Connection, Nov 13, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Wink_Cat-Connection

Francis is a superstar and he needs to shoot between 18-20 times per game I think his unselfishness hurts the team he needs to realize that even though he is a PG he can attempt more shots I mean look at Gary Payton he still gets 8 ast.per game and attempts way more shots than Francis. As of right now he is averaging 13 shots per game that is to little for someone as talented as him.And it's not like anybody can guard him in the NBA so why is he so gun shy my fellow Houston fans what do you think?

------------------
    Never underestimate the heart of a Champion

2. verse

verse Contributing Member

grammar police.

j/k

he's gun shy because he's thinking on the court.
    he's thinking he doesn't want to be a ballhog.
    he's thinking he wants to be a team player.
    he's thinking about taking good shots.
    he's thinking about not taking bad shots.
    he's thinking about getting everyone involved.
    he's thinking he can do more on the court.
    he's thinking...
    he's thinking...
    he's thinking.

he's just not playing.

------------------
    Mobley and Francis ...are not the two best players on the team.

- Rockeem 11/2/2000

[This message has been edited by verse (edited November 13, 2000).]

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I agree...he needs to play and quit thinking so damn much. We need him to lead the team but he needs take his shots and score, also. This translates into way more field goal attempts. His ability to lead the team can be opened up by him asserting himself offensively. If he can overcome his man one on one offensively, then the double team will come and so will the opportunities and assists. But, he is forcing the issue...it's almost obvious to opposing teams that he is not looking to score but rather find the open man on a dribble move. The problem is he tries so damn hard to create and get the ball to other teammates that he actually creates more turnovers. Anybody notice that any assists he gets are offset by the same amount of turnovers by him on most nights?
    Not dissin my man Francis but he needs to assert himself offensively to open up the floor more for his team leadership.

Also, does anybody find our road record a bit disturbing(0-4). This is one jinx I don't want the Rockets to hold on to for long. We don't want road losing streaks signifying a team that only wins home games against good teams. We need a road win BAD.

Surf

------------------

4. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Verse,

I'm off point here I know, but who does Rockeem think is the best player in a Rocket's uniform? I feel a laugh coming on, but I can't be sure. Help me out here!

------------------
    Vice-president of the Jason Collier Police

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

im thinking there are way too many threads about francis not shooting [​IMG]

------------------