1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's up with D Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by babyface44, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

needs to get out there at least last few games limited mins, I don’t want to hear any excuses on how he was rusty, we all know he needs to practice his post moves and lack of turnovers before playoffs start.

If it was harden I wouldn’t care he could rest until playoffs, but Howards a different story. His offensive play effects the teams pace and play calling in general.

This team has been playing without the post offense so the players will need to adjust and get back in that rhythm.

2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Yeah that's not true...

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

win next 2 games and then rest parsons, harden. Let Lin find is groove somehow in the final games.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. wise_man

wise_man Member

Let lin play heavy minutes next five games.....and hopefully he can try getting some of da linsanity back.

6. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

McHale probably wants to get his desired starting unit on the floor during the last 2-3 games of the regular season. Otherwise, I could see an in-rhythm Portland team taking Game 1 against a rusty Houston starting lineup.

7. reliableman

reliableman Member

So many people not appreciating the fact that Dwight is able to rest while Casspi, Garcia, and Asik are able to shake the rust off. Everybody will be ready for the playoffs.
    Bev is my only worry. Hope he doesn't come back too soon to his detriment long term.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol wut? We've looked awful since Howard's been out.

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Stop over-analyzing everything.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

[​IMG]

No. Why would you even say that? What has happened is the literal opposite of the Ewing Theory.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Howard being overly cautious.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but he needs to play a game or two before the playoffs.

12. Solaris

Solaris Member

He is still impacted by his back injury from Orlando days. He is not his old self.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That bone spur talk doesn't sound too good. If the Rockets make a deep post season run or win it all, maybe Asik can be convinced to staying next season.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He's also been in the league a decade and is nearing 30. Of course he's not Dwight from Orlando, but he's still the best big man in the game. Besides, he doesn't need to be that great since he now has a superstar alongside him in Harden which is something he never had during his time with the Magic. He's still had a major impact on this team since he arrived.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think it's nothing serious..and by that i mean not career changing/threatening, BUT i do think they're acting like they know he'll be fine soon and that may not be true. That's what they said the first time around and it flared up on him like 2 games later. If it is a bone spur, he'll have to deal with it and have surgery after the season, much like Battier did, when he was here.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You could tell from how Dwight plays/moves that some nights he's just been playing through pain...It shows on the court and in the stat sheet. Late in the year, it was obvious something was wrong.

The rest will do wonders for his back/ankle injuries ...

17. Remii

Remii Member

I noticed NO ONE disagreed with that... Lol..