1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Tmac's value right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Nov 20, 2008.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

did you see tracy in february and march of last yr? he was just as bad and shot 37%. and what did he do in the playoffs? ;)

i have no doubt tracy will be healthy enough to dominate in the playoffs and the playoffs are all that matters.

it's only 12 games into a REGULAR SEASON. if this happens to the playoffs, then yes, waive him. but god, it's the freakin' reg. season.

2. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

That fool hates everyone. You should read what he had said about the other players, especially Yao.

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The regular season is what determines your seed in the playoffs, and that determines whether or not you get home court advantage over seven games.

The regular season matters. Do you want to watch the Rockets go into Utah for game seven? I don't.

If McGrady is going to coast until the playoffs then bench him until the playoffs.

4. t_mac1

yes, homecourt has mattered to us :rolleyes: . we're generally a better road team than home team anyways.

the doctors said tracy has to play b/c his knee is not the primary problem, it's the strength in the entire leg. he just has to keep playing and hopefully that strength will come.

5. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Simple question--would you rather have home court advantage or not?

If T-Mac's plan is to coast until the playoffs then he should be benched until the playoffs. Regardless of his leg it looks to me like the guy's not even trying. He's completely lackadaisical out on the court. No effort, no passion, no intensity and no commitment to playing the system.

6. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

That seeding spot in the playoffs is so overrated!!!!! Anyone can get bumped at anytime Dallas vs. Golden State ring a bell... as long as we make it in it could be 8th it doesnt matter. What matters is will we be healthy and have that chemistry?? If so im sure no 1 will want 2 see us in the playoffs. Then again they might considering the media and everyone else will bring up Tracy's playoff record :( :mad: :(

7. t_mac1

we've won 55 games last yr dude. and i'm sure you can admit tracy had a subpar year.

as long as tracy just plays, we'll win enough games to get home court. and if yao's injury is not major, he'll take a major burden off. when shane returns, he'll do that too and we'll be fine in the reg. season. our depth will pay off.

i have no doubt we'll win our division and get a top 3 seed.

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

So it's perfectly fine if T-Mac only gives 50% every game? We're guaranteed a top 3 seed anyway?

Talk about arrogant. The term "famous last words" also springs to mind.

9. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I'm guessing Boston was pretty glad they had home court advantage last year.

10. t_mac1

again, tell me how a guy who's limping can get 16 and 5 by only giving it 50% every game? give me a logical reason.

he's not athletic enough to be "that good" that can just depend on his talent anymore.

stop using that criticism b/c it's worn out.

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

By heaving up 14 shots in 28:59 of play. By contrast Artest fired up 14 shots in 43:13. Alston shot 13 times in 36:44.

And T-Mac wasn't "that good". He only converted on 5 of those 14 shots, converting right around 35%.

12. bratna8

bratna8 Member

He's limping up and down the court and not playing defense.....are you blind or what?

If you can't see that he's really hurting our team right now by playing on one leg then you are delusional.

13. t_mac1

we're 7-5, and one of the losses should be a win.

and how is tmac hurting the team single-handedly when artest shoots 34%, yao scores only 16, and rafer shoots 38%.

what don't get you is that THE WHOLE TEAM IS STRUGGLING, not just tracy. THE WHOLE TEAM needs to get its act together, not just tracy. everyone except brooks and scola better look at themselves in the mirror and man up and play, not just tracy. if you don't get that then you are delusional.

14. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

No, it's really just T-mac. LOL.

15. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

16. machange

machange Member

indeed :D

17. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

with all these rabid tmac haters, i do wish tmac gets traded and have the results bite these people in the @ss.

how about tmac for marion + banks (or james jones)? tmac would finally get out of the first round with a healthy wade beside him.

rockets get a SF/PF for 1 yr. if it dont work, they can just not sign marion back (along with artest if he doesnt work out, which seems to be the case so far).

alston
    artest
    marion
    scola
    yao

if they decide not to resign both, they free up about 25m next year. if kobe opts out next year, they can offer him the 25m. you end up with

alston
    kobe
    battier
    scola
    yao

that's a good lineup for next year.

18. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I don't see how the rockets can trade him for someone who can play just as well as him.

I'm not a t-mac lover nor a basher. I think he is just as good as Kobe when he plays at his best. His problem is that he can't physically play to his best as consistently as kobe. Due to this I couldn't imagine the rockets winning a title with him as our #1 option.

And yes, T-Mac is still the man on this team. The Rockets has never been Yao's team. Mac has been the man who has been able to take over when we need him to. It's jsut a shame that he is so injury prone and so inconsistent.

19. kpopy

kpopy Member

LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

20. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

who want him?he may still stay at Houston until his contract expire.