1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Tmac's value right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Just have to laugh at the folks that says he plays with half a heart. If he didn't have any heart I'm pretty sure he would be sitting on the bench in street clothes.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Or this seasons trade deadline. The rockets finally have the luxury of doing that with Artest on the team. It may be time to add that big missing piece to the frontline and scorer from the perimeter.

3. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

this is sad. so sad. You want to trade a guy who had a bad game but when he is putting up numbers and winning games then all of a sudden you love him. lol you guys are not fans. The guy is hurt and you want to trade him. Why don't i see guys saying Trade Yao. this is unbelievable :mad: :mad: I dont see trade Yao and he injured more than McGrady but i give the man respect because he is Yao and plays through it. McGrady is McGrady but once he says something or misses a game or even has a bad game everyone is ready 2 jump down his throat and wants to get rid of him lolol soooo funny. I can't wait til his knee heals up. I wonder what you guys say then. Or if we trade him and he plays the Rockets and kills them what are you gonna say then haha some of yall are not fans.

4. Seth

Seth Member

I don´t want T-Mac to go anywhere, we are note getting equal value nor another 2010 expiring contract, so i don´t care a lot about trading him, what i am tired of is seeing Adelman put funny faces everytime T-Mac does whatever he wants on court instead of yelling at him and sit him back on the bench, make him earn his minutes, he and Artest are playing street basketball and that is not benefiting the team nor themselves because both are shooting like Ben Wallace.

Adelman needs to be strong and make the players respect him, if not, ride the bench T-Mac or whatever your name is.

5. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

T-Mac's play is suspect. To a lot of people here it looks like he couldn't care less. Everybody else on the team at least tries.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

We are getting diminishing returns on Tmac's trade value. There's no way we can improve by trading him away. Same goes for Yao.

This is the best chance at a championship, we just have to hope these guys are healthy come playoff time. We were incredible during the second half of last season. Did everyone suddenly forget?

7. Duffy Pratt

Duffy Pratt Member

He's worth much more as a salary dump for 2010 than he is in any possible trade. We're just gonna have to suck it up for the next two years and hope that by some miracle the team gels around playoff time.

Yao is worth much more on the trade market, but then you would have to decide what you are building the team around. And, of course, Yao is basically untouchable from a business standpoint. The money the Rockets get from the Chinese market more than offsets any deficiencies he has as a player. And, the Chinese promotion market is very likely a big lure for potential free agents. I'm not sure, but I'm willing to bet that Tmac sells more merchandise in China than LeBron, and from what I saw when I was there, I'd even bet that Battier makes more money from the Chinese market than LeBron. But if LeBron did come to the Rockets, and Yao were still here, the sky would be the limit for him in Chinese merchandising.

8. Seth

Seth Member

Not to say that if we want a legit shot at getting LeBron in 2010 we need to have as much expirings in 2010 as possible, a rising star (could be Scola-Brooks or Landry) and Yao. Yao all in all is the Key as LeBron seems to do whatever it takes to make himself a figure in the chinese market.
    No doubt LeBron has a great advisor.

9. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Where was all this hate for T Mac when he carried the Rockets to the playoffs last year?

I personally can't wait until he is gone, signals a Rocket rebuild.

Oh, unless you guys are going to turn it over to Artest and Yao. :D

How can Houston have a plan for 2010 unless you give up on 2009?

10. Seth

Seth Member

Because you don´t give up on 2009, you have to be sure that "come playoff time T-Mac will turn it on" and Yao will be "a force in the paint".
    Of course that will be over after a 7 game series.
    But then you are a month or 2 away from 2010 :p.

11. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

And you know that his value will continue to decline :(

12. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

Morey takes a very logical stand on this matter:

To win in the playoffs, you need a player who has the talent/abilities of a healthy, motivated Tracy McGrady. Since you don't get a healthy, motivated TMac all season long, you can trade him for a player with 70% or 80% of the talent but perhaps better health. There really aren't any players you can get for TMac who will, when healthy and motivated, provide the same abilities.

Morey feels he'd rather make the playoffs with an oft-injured TMac and have him for the playoffs rather than trading him for a consistent guy who can't do what TMac can at his best.

I agree...

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Who besides Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are free agents in 2010? Can some Nba guru give me a answer to this. I really doubt we make much of a run at Wade or Lebron. Bosh would be awesome.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

not very high. nobody wants any of the rocket players unless it's brooks, scola, or landry.

15. t_mac1

exactly. i think these guys are too wrapped up in the reg. season.

tracy last yr struggled to end the reg. season. but what did he do in the playoffs? he stepped up as usual.

as long as you get the tracy who steps up in the playoffs, you take the gamble with his injuries and what not.

i think morey knows as long as we get into the playoffs with the 3 stars relatively healthy, we have a great chance.

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

That's good! So, we can trade one of them for a good backup center.

17. t_mac1

and yet tracy is the only player who has consistently played through his injuries :rolleyes: (besides artest this yr and hayes)

not yao, not shane, not landry.

18. WillG

WillG Member

keep him and get Lebron james for 2010 :D

19. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

You forgot to mention Mcgradys playoff record in your post.

20. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

They don't have that luxury b/c Artest 1.) hasn't shown he can produce like T-Mac did/can here yet, and 2.) he could very well be gone after this season.

It's no secret I'm a T-Mac supporter, but I try to be fair. Given what info I've heard just from here and the radio, I would venture to guess T-Mac will play out his contract here, unless this year he just does completely horrible. At this point, that's up in the air. I think he'll pull through and produce at a higher rate/efficiency, but it really is hard to put money on that right now.