1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the longest you have ever stayed at work?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sonny, May 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

When we are finishing up on projects or getting ready for an executive management review, it is not unusual to have a 7:30 a.m. to midnight or even to 1 a.m. day which is 16 hours plus. So, that is lightweight compared to most people here. What sucks is to leave work and get home around 1 in the morning and then be there by 6 hours later. However, that is part of it and it happens every so often but it is not common thankfully.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

damn, the longest i've ever even been up is 30 hours, but of course i've never had a real job (unless you count 6 weeks of telephone surveys) and am still in college. the 30 hours was this time we found out that we couldn't take our calcs into a final (and basically every answer was typed in their) and we had done nothing to learn all semester. so now, 24 hours before the final, i basically had to learn everything from the whole semester. didn't go to sleep that night, just kept studying and somehow pretty much learned everything and did well on the final and kept my A. had another final the same day that i barely studied for, didn't do well on, and still kept my A. so at least the 30 hours was worth it.

3. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Stumbled across this thread and your post... did you retire yet? :grin:

4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

The last 3 years At my previous job - Zero Week in High School Football. I'd be at work at 11am on Friday. We'd broadcast a football game and I'd work on graphics until our Live Show at Midnight. Half the crew would be done and breaking down the truck around 11pm - We'd broadcast our show live at midnight and be done around 1:30am - pull out of whatever stadium we were broadcasting from in the DFW area, arrive in San Antonio at around 7am-ish, shower in the Refs locker room at the Alamodome and set up the truck to broadcast 2-3 more games at the HEB Classic (more High School Football). We'd finish around 10pm-ish, break the truck down and drive back to DFW. Get back around 5 in the morning. I guess that times out to about 42 hours?

One time we had 4 people in 2 different vans to start back to DFW..Every 40min or so we'd have to stop to change drivers because of fatigue. by the time we had arrived at our office in Arlington..We had completely switched vans..all the people in one van ended up in the other & vice-versa because we had to stop and switch so many times.

5. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Ha! This happened to me on two occasions in college. Once for statistics and the other for physics. Fortunately I did well in both.

Just this summer I pulled a 26 hour bender finishing and implementing an IT project for clients in New York. Completed the project maybe 45 minutes before the deadline and passed out in the plane.

6. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

2 years ago, my firm fired one of my coworkers 3 days before our biggest deadline of the year. I did not sleep or leave the office for 2 days.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i worked not consecutively but worked 40.5 hours in a 2 day span

10. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

11. MADE

MADE Member

36 hours...unit turnaround, a piece of equipment I was responsible for was becoming critical path and I had to plant myself at the OEM bc they were incompetent. Then finally got back to hotel, I lived too far from work to drive, and was going to sleep/nap and got called out to the plant bc I was on duty and a different unit caught fire. Worked another 8 hours until I was relieved. FML

12. dmc89

dmc89 Member

About 21 hours. That very week I took a trip to Norway, then to Kuwait, and then back to Houston, and I may have gotten just over 15 hours of sleep total. Never again! :)

13. Granville

Granville Member

14. kona-

kona- Member

38 hours and I work for an Airline.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

36 hours - Genesis World Tour at the Dome back around 93-94

From coming in the morning of the show at around 6am to finish up the stage build till the end of the load out.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

17. body slam

body slam Member

25 hours but that was between two jobs. Real job 7:30 am - 5:00 pm. Got a burger. Part time job 5:30 pm - 9:00 am.

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I didnt the check the date on the posts, then I read DD name, and I thought, "he is unbanned now?" :eek: then I read the year: 2003. LOL

19. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

17hrs and I thought that was good. After reading I am just a puss, but it was in a 100+ kitchen if that makes it any more grueling...

20. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

24 hours or so. Glad I get paid hourly.