1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the going price for Dragic by the trade deadline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox>Mavs, Dec 20, 2014.

1. vinthora

vinthora Member

For Dragic, I'd say NOP pick + Terry is fair value.

I'm not really on the Dragic bandwagon; rather I'd like a good backup C/PF.

Jones seems to be out for a looooong time, and DMo is great starting, but we don't have a decent backup.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If Morey some how works his magic and acquires Dragic, I will act like a hyper little school girl. He is the perfect pg for this team. Harden/Dragic backcourt could make a case for best backcourt in the league.
    A starting line up of Howard Dmo Ariza Harden Dragic...:eek:

3. anchel

anchel Member

Excellent post, thanks.

I could see the Lakers going in harder. The thing is, our biggest competitors here, Sacto and Lakers, have not done his job at collecting proper assets, draft picks. For instance, Boston it would be a big rival for us, but since they traded Rondo I guess it means they are trusting in Smart/Bradley for PG position long term and are not ready to spend big money in another PG this offseason.

Why did you discard Miami as "teams Dragic is likely to resign with from that list". I mean, why could not happen?

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

TJones + Capela + Black

5. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Can someone quickly summarize the benefits of adding Dragic for our offense? And will he hurt us on defense?

I definitely feel more comfortable adding him than Rondo. and I'm so glad Cuban didn't decide to go after Gogi

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I think because their on the wrong end of the window for competition. Just like BOS is too far on the youth end for Dragic to fit, Miami's stars are too old. Dragic would be looking at committing 4-5 years to a team that has just a few years left from wade and maybe a few more from bosh.

7. anchel

anchel Member

Basically, he's a very complete player and a team oriented "star". He doesn't have important weaknesses. Good ball handler, good passer, good shooter, solid defender, good basket IQ, team guy.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

GREAT fast break finisher... Something the Rockets are sorely lacking besides Harden.

9. anchel

anchel Member

Mmmm, not convinced at all. Wade as old as he is is having a hell of a season; Bosh is still in his theorical prime years... I could see them doing a good run and making the playoffs. The thing is.... they don't have nothing to give to Phoenix neither. Not even their own draft picks, nothing.

10. Rox>Mavs

I agree with this. He's basically really good at a lot of things (maybe not elite at much) but given our team he can be highly versatile at pg and SG which makes him a good fit with harden while also possessing the ability to do more with harden resting (which is most important in seeking another playmaker).

Bev fits better and is cheaper but can't take over for harden like dragic can.

11. Rox>Mavs

I can buy that. I just have very little confidence in their longevity even though they might be performing well today. Wades got a ton of miles on that body given his style of play.

12. anchel

anchel Member

I see Dragic wanting to test the market, to think about different options like NY, LAL, whatever. Being the third guy on a championship contender could be not enough for him, we don't know. I think the Rockets will have to go for him with his continuity unguaranteed and a chance of losing him in the summer. From that scenario, let's see what Morey is willing to give....

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I wouldnt say Dragic is a good defender but I dont think he is a liability either... he is one of those players that gets under the skin of his opponents because he is always going full speed.

There was a game on March 13, 2012 against the Thunder where Dragic got into Westbrook's head so bad that we came back from down 11 with 3 minutes remaining because Goran just kept outplaying Russel it was a beautiful thing and thats when I knew Dragic was going to be a star in this league.

This is the only video i could find of the game
    [youtube]f4G9612twdg[/youtube]

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

bledsoe and thomas need to make him expendable. depends on the market though obviously.

15. Rox>Mavs

True, I think regardless no UFA will commit without testing the market first. I think the better question is what does Morey think the other teams are that he could walk to?

LAL could offer him probably the biggest role if Kobe retires. If not he's taking a major back seat. NYK he'd still be behind melo....Way behind him. Do you think Miami is the only other team in competition for his services or do you see anyone else?

16. mazinger

mazinger Member

LOL, no

17. mazinger

mazinger Member

read it as Pap included too but even without him, it's still too much.

18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

That's too much. Pels 1st/Terry/filler can get it done.

19. Rox>Mavs

Remember fellas the main question here isn't what do you think is worth offering for dragic but what is the most you think other teams can and would give and what would we offer to just slightly beat out those offers.

Not what you'd give but what's the bare minimum it would take.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I mean that's 10 million dollars in expiring contracts... a 1st round pick that is probably in the lottery and a player that was 1st round pick in this years draft.

where are they going to get a better offer?

21. kemah

kemah Member

Dragic is a one year rental.