1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the deal with you people????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mark, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

hey hey hey
    why you trying to take my job away from me????

:D

Rocket River

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

you??? REEALLY????

Rocket River

3. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

As someone who has felt the same way as Mark at times, I will say that I didn't even go into the threads calling for SF to be traded, avoided the threads titled "Steve Blows," and left threads when they became SF bashing contests.

DD,
    I am as upset as you when Steve makes boneheaded plays, but I still think that he should stay here at least through the trade deadline next year. He is just now starting to get JVGs system and that will carry us a long way in the playoffs this year and throughout next season (along with a nice FA or an improvement using the trade exception).

I am also a Rockets Fan (not a YOF or a SOF), and I agree with Mark that Steve should stay right where he is (which doesn't mean we can't criticize, but let's can the trade talks until at least summer, please).

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

During our championship runs, Kenny Smith used to say, "winning is a great deodorant. Everything is better after a win, your food tastes better, the girls look better, and anything that's wrong with your team - guys not getting minutes, guys not getting shots, guys not accepting their roles - are all covered up."

A wise man that jet is. Hmm, now that I think about it, Doc Rivers uses a line similar to this on TV too.

Chill out dudes, sit back and enjoy this stretch of basketball, if you want to gripe, and just aren't happy unless you have something to be sour about, just wait till we get back on the road. That's where we'll be able to gauge what kind of team we have. Good to mediocre teams should be able to take care of their homecourt. The contenders are able to go take care of business on the road. That being said, a double figure winning streak will leave this team smelling like roses.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Mark, your a hata hata. You need to support all Rocket fans even when their posts seem detrimental to the team. Anybody can post when things are all positive and all about the love. True Rockets fans are postin even when Stevie is all dribblin and jackin em up , and we be losin and everthing. So, if your a hata hata that just make you a hata too.

6. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

steve is getting better...people just can't understand that he needs time to adjust to Van Gundy system...at least he's not like Allen "i'm the freaking best, and i can fire anyone on this team, even the coaches too" Iverson

7. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Why build a great team through trades and go for the championships when you can keep the existing team and be above average and borderline playoffs. Keep the DAMN team as is and anybody that says other wise ISN'T A TRUE ROCKETS FAN. :rolleyes:

8. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

I've been a fan for years before Steve came.
    I'll be one years after Steve is gone.
    I will bash him when he scews up and praise him when he does well. ... For all the hair Steve made me pull out, I figure it's my right. ;)

Here is a praise for Steve ... He has not dribbled the ball between the legs and off his foot out of bound for maybe 30 games. That is a huge improvement ! Let's hear a cheer for our boy! ;)

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

10. haven

haven Member

Dude, it's not your language. It's the English language. Please do us all the favor of using words as they're popularly (or properly, I suppose) understood. You might mean "counterproductive," but what you mean in language that anybody can understand is "it provides more entertainment to me."

Twisted definitions again. Please look up the definition of fan in a dictionary. If you support a team, then you're a fan. Now, that begs the question of whether one's a good fan, of course...

Of course it's an insult. You're being self-righteous and condescending. You don't have any particular insight into the state of "perfect fandom." And you're being absurd.

We're supposed to automatically approve of any star player the Rockets have who isn't a thug? Riiiiiight. That's not being a fan - it's being an adolescent cultist.

Supporting a team doesn't require one to abandon one's reason, basketball knowledge, and ordinary sense of discretion in liking a player. Truly supporting a team requires one to follow a team through thick and thin across the years.

You know, one shoudl realize that one's ideas are absurd when one has to first decide who's a star and who's not in order to subsequently determine who's a real fan and who's not.

(Now Bob, you are a true fan - even though you never liked Sam Cassell, he wasn't technically a star until he'd already left the Rockets; sorry Bill, Otis Thorpe qualifies as a star, therefore since you didn't like him because he didn't have a good jumper, you're not a true fan).

That's not a valid opinion, because application of your own standard is arbitrary.

11. ayears

ayears Member

Considering 15,638 Registered Member here, I'm NOT surprised there are quite a few lurcher lurking on this BBS, making a surprise assault here or pouncing on like a zany. That's funny to enjoy the act of those fake fans, right? ;)

12. 3-a-charm

3-a-charm Member

I believe you are right on that one, I haven't seen it in awhile; however the "dipplie-doodle" lay up for a miss is still alive. The "off balance desperation as the clock runs out three point brick" is still around. The "skip-to-my-lou" dribble when the Rockets are down by 20 is becoming rare. I saw the little "flip pass turnover" the other day, but several of the classic Francis "bumbles" are becoming less frequent. You know, how long has it been since we have had a hot steaming bowl of the "dribble out the shot clock" or the famous "one on five drive for a turnover?" Why did we ever doubt him!?:rolleyes:

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HE should know. . . cause i think Derek Harper still has Kenny's nuts in a jar somewhere. . . .. .

Rocket River
    Love Kenny but Derek made Kenny his @##$1 in the playoffs
    thank goodness for Cassell

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Derek Harper, Kevin Johnson, Terry Porter, John Stockton, etc. But Kenny has the rings.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...Post your opinion when you feel you need to...

And don't let the haters and the liberals hanging around the board discourage you...;)

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The problem is that it not Steves quality of play that has been questioned. Its his suitability as a Playmaker Point Guard on 'A Center Oriented Team'that is in question and his mind set in accepting Yao Ming as the teams focus.These and many more considerations of all of the players will continue to be discussed by Rockets fans on this Forum,for ages to come. In doing so the fans focus will be that they desire to have better players playing better Team Basketballin Houston.

17. J-Baller

J-Baller Member

If the Rockets make the playoffs then make the western conference finals then win the nba championship should we still keep the same team next year?

18. birat

birat Member

what playoffos, they can't even handle a backcourt press..

Damn post...

19. Miggidy Markell

It's funny how a draft pick changes the whole outlook of a team. Before we got Yao, everything was planned to be built around Steve.... now we got Yao... Steve has to find another team? Absolutely no love. People have got to realise this game is a business.... but throwing Steve away after making plans for him in our future will scar this teams reputation for years to come!

20. Miggidy Markell

Quotes like these are the reason why people like Mark and I post these threads.... 1 game that was still win-able no matter how many mistakes we made. Dallas lost to San Antonio badly without Duncan..... every team has their ups and downs. We were on a 5 game win streak for christ's sake, the longest we've had this season if i remember correctly!