1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the deal with all the Chicken Littles in here right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 1, 2018.

1. j@amc

j@amc Member

I'll feel better after the next signing is announced.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

With cousins signing in GS, the sky is absolutely falling. There is no overreaction there.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The issue with getting cousins is that he’s a legit low post threat and much bigger threat than draymond

He can get Capela in foul trouble

It’s a coward move for him to go golden state

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn straight about it being a cowardly move. It also shows how much they fear us, and Boston.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is not how things work.. i want cousins posting up capela all day long

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont worry we will sign Dwight Howard

7. conquistador#11

let's all lighten up,
    [​IMG]

Bengchu likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

o_Oo_O

topfive likes this.
  9. Bengchu

Bengchu Member

How u feeling?

steddinotayto likes this.
  10. j@amc

j@amc Member

We certainly need more than MCW. I’m expecting something else that’s a little more substantial.

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

8% drop off, huh?

The article I saw showed that in the last 25 years, out of 18 players
    who tore an achilles, 7 never returned to action.
    That sounds like a 40% fatality rate to me.
    Maybe he IS superhuman. Maybe it won't affect him. Only time will tell.
    Not saying he's not worth the gamble. Just that there is no guarantee
    that he'll be the same player or very serviceable at all.
    Or I guess 92% in your case. Maybe 91.5%, but we'll round up for you

kjayp likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

No worries on my side, Plow. Thank you for what you had to say.

As I said, I'm not aware of any way to conjure up a deleted post - and then reply to it... it'd be a neat trick...lol. So obviously I started my retort while it was still active - and probably took too long in formulating it, before it got posted... better to proofread - heaven forbid you misspell Capela or Tilman on this board - lol!

Anyway, to the meat of what you were saying...
    To count CP3's health, contributions by Luc and a better return on RA's 20M as "just how much of an edge we have over those jack@sses" - just makes no sense to me... those are possible intangibles that you hope work in your favor - not something to hang your hat on...

CP3 has health concerns. We hope he's healthy next year when needed... but they were without Iggy... how does 7 games of no Iggy for them compare to 2 games without CP3 for us? I gotta call that pretty near a wash...

Luc? C'mon he was a 2M/yr player... who might not even be back... Thread saying philly has interest - idk if anything new has happened with him... but if he's not back - no edge there...

and of course, RA... we all want to see a return on that investment - but it hasn't happened for the last year and I assume DM has been trying... if we can flip him for Bazemore or something - great - step in the right direction - but until then... its a wash...

So to me, these 'edges' that we have don't seem to be anything to feel confident about - imo...

meanwhile we lost Trev and they got Boogie...

Not trying to be a Chicken Little - just callin it as I see it...

:)

#133 kjayp, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Well, here's the thing plowman....some of us aren't morons.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's no guarantee Cousins will be more than a shell of his former self next year.

16. dmoneybangbang

I will be worried if we don't resign Capela and Luc, I feel confident Morey can plug the other holes.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

he doesnt need to be. he didnt sign there to be some featured player that a team needs because they lack star power to be relevant, to play big minutes or carry a huge workload. hes playing behind 4 other all nba players including 2 mvps all in their primes with the lightest workload hes had his entire career. all he has to be is as good as a mediocre role player. Essentially a rookie, zaza, looney, mcghee, ezeli or whatever big they've thrown out there for limited minutes the last several years. its laughable if anyone doesnt think he can do that at the very least.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And let's say he does that, is it then really that game changing? Sounds like he's just another body to add depth to their rotation then.

I doubt he gets ahead of Looney next year and I can see him being unhappy with his role if he doesn't get enough minutes to earn his next contract. He's on a 1 year deal after all. This can easily blow-up in GS face.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course its game changing. the rest of the league has already struggled to match up with them pre cousins. adding him completely adds another dynamic to an already almost impossible task of matching up with there different lineups.

i get people are hoping for the worst things to happen here. you're supposed to try and feel that way but its not likely at all. i mean you had people really try to use the angle of there being only 1 ball when KD signed. Theres not enough shots for everyone etc.. downplaying this acquisition isn't going to fool anyone. for all the noise this guy made about GS within the past year or so, this was absolutely pathetic and disappointing.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Boogie has never seemed like the gym-rat kind of player. Kobe you KNOW would do everything humanly possible (and then some) to get back to full strength. I love Boogie and his game, but I can't see him putting above-average effort into his rehab. And at his weight, that tendon is going to be stressed hard and often.

Remlap likes this.