1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the deal with all the Chicken Littles in here right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I'm not concerned with boogie. I think he's a bad fit for them healthy. Now he's recovering from an Achilles tear too. The signing is flashy but of little consequence.

Rockets2K likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

listen man,
    1 morey already gave us a the miracle you are looking for, the rockets are owner of the best regular season record ever (45-4 or something)
    2 while ariza leaving is addition by subtraction
    3 adding Boogie to the worriers is subtraction by addition
    4 morey is probably working on sending some money at foster brother offshore accounts(#thenewmath)

kjayp likes this.
  4. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

If healthy he is the perfect fit. What are you talking about? He can run a pick and roll with the best in the league and he can shoot the 3 from the 5 position stretching the floor. He also is a pretty good passer (over 5 assists per game). Now other teams size advantage at the 5 is useless if he comes back at even reasonable health

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

there is only 1 ball

6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

There are 48 minutes in a game. GS shares the ball pretty well.

7. basketballholic

I agree with every word......even after Cousins to the Warriors.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I agree. That **** was cool when we had Yao and T-mac and I was 23 years old.

Haymitch likes this.
  9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Achilles tear is one of THE worst sports related injuries.
    Kobe went through that and was never the same player after that.
    It will take him some time to rehab, and we'll have to see what he's like after
    taking all that time off. Also how he will hold up. There are a lot of variables.
    Our own CF's criticize Morey for keeping CP due to being injury prone. But somehow
    don't apply the same standards to Cousins. He's damaged goods. We'll just have to
    wait and see. Don't panic

Here, chew on THIS
    https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1...njury-golden-state-warriors-this-is-the-worst

[​IMG]

topfive and Plowman like this.
  10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This guy is falling.

#ChickenLittle
    cousins.warriors.jpg

Remlap, tinman, topfive and 1 other person like this.
  11. Coach E

Coach E Member

well at least harden won MVP.

Remlap and AnHero like this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

article I read said an 8% fall off the year following such an injury...
    92% of Cousins for 5.3M - on a 1 year deal
    CP3 and his injury history for 4/160M - running until he's 53 or 54 years old... lol
    if you were a gambling man... would you fork out the 160M for CP3 and turn your nose up at the low cost/ high potential of Boogie for 5.3M?

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kjayp - Over the years, I've developed an affinity for you and your posts too, but I find your post here to be disingenuous on several levels.

Firstly, I deleted that for multiple reasons ( I can't get into all here )..chief among them though, me being exhausted, and I wanted to address the Boogie thing in a much more concise manner (or just let things stand, my call), after a much needed night's sleep, as I was running on fumes. Yet, you couldn't accept that and were determined to bring this out into the light of day.

I resent the Hell out of the lack of respect and bad judgement you displayed here.

Now, you not only make the laughable assertion that there wasn't extreme manipulation going on, but also paint me and my description of it...as well as the injuries, as excuses...."candy coated" whatever....when I was clearly trying to illustrate just how much of an edge we have over those Jack@sses.

Back to RA and his contract. You know as well as I do, that this will be used to add .....We aren't entering the season with that..Again, it's a tool, to be used when the timing is right....and, I would say the time is ni...yes?

As to the officiating changing...

Just a sec...BRB.

14. esketit

esketit Member

what are you hearing on your side of things?

Snow Villiers likes this.
  15. kjayp

I replied to your post while it was posted. You later chose to delete it... I'm an ******* for replying to an active post? You chose to delete it, so I'm supposed to go back and delete mine - thats my responsibility?!?
    You chose to offer up your posting... if that post was not well thought out or you were tired or whatever - thats not on me...
    I didnt find someway to go dig up something you had deleted - I replied while it was active... is there even a way to find a deleted post?

If you felt bad about your post and wanted it scrubbed from existence... you could have reached out and asked me to delete it - I would have respectfully done so... but no, I'm the jerkwad... ok....

As I said, I like you and enjoy your posts... but I fail to see how this is on me.

#115 kjayp, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  16. kjayp

There, I deleted your post from my reply... I hope that puts your mind at ease... Again, you could have just asked, instead of calling me out as being out of line in replying to an active post - and not running to delete it because you had a change of heart....

17. CertifiedTroll

Plowman confirmed a robot, because the ads at the bottom are suggesting I buy the movie Chicken Little off Amazon. Thanks.

hakeem94, Plowman and steddinotayto like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and we beat them last time we played

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@kjayp - I consider you a brother , as this has been home to us both for eons. I appreciate the deletion. I was under the impression that your post came a little later, maybe you had your response queued up and took awhile to post it. Who knows? who cares? What does matter is that we remain tight...and, also continue to be united in the same cause...our Rockets. I apologize for the heavy handedness of my reply. Peace, my friend.

#119 Plowman, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    kjayp and daywalker02 like this.
  20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]