1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the deal with all the Chicken Littles in here right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is the silence from the Rockets FO not deafening? We see a few countermeasures/very minor meetings thrown out, along with Trevor's departure.(I love him, glad to see him get paid, but him staying wasn't part of the plan) CC isn't going to break the bank. GG's in at the minimum. CP3's locked in. It's all good.

We won 65 games (and a lot more than that too) and are about to get much stronger. We have MANY more options than folks give us credit for.

Now that LBJ has confirmed what he's all about, and gone off to join the circus, time is on our side.

The Rockets have all the advantages that a Championship team is afforded this offseason.

Just wait.

And, quit trippin.

It's on.

#1 Plowman, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Great post!

As long as we bring back CC and Luc I’m not the least bit worried. This team is hungry and they genuinely love playing together. That goes a LONG way

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

YASSSS JAMES NUNNALLY SAVE US

Chanmarr, zksb09, Caesar and 12 others like this.
  4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Do you think mauri can get elfrid payton to change his mind and sign with the rockets? Thanks insider breh.

5. seeingred

seeingred Member

"Time is on our side" - John Wall is known to give his teammates Rolex watches as gifts - John Wall to Rockets.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I guess you haven't heard that Murray is just sitting on his ass not doing anything with no plan whatsoever and our regular season record last year meant absolutely nothing nor did our being the only team in the last two years that nearly took out the Warriors in the playoffs which we would likely have done if not for a freak injury.

But seriously, great post. I think our guys can survive the absence of Ariza in the locker room because we have CP3 now. Let's see what else Morey cooks up this summer.

7. esketit

esketit Member

was there not a way to address this without calling everyone offensive names?

kjayp likes this.
  8. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Plowman posts get me so hype

BigShasta and Plowman like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shut up...

RiceRockets, 34to11, lnchan and 11 others like this.
  10. esketit

esketit Member

ok chicken head...doesnt feel great does it?

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

[​IMG]

RiceRockets and douglasreedy1 like this.
  12. Houston Rockets

TBH IDK why we aren't more excited especially with Ariza signing a crazy 1 year contract like JJ Redick the year before and being able to retain CP3 /GG. There's plenty to look forward to not to mention we are talking about the Wizard! TBC

Plowman likes this.
  13. esketit

esketit Member

wow im logging off

KingCheetah likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The chicken littles are scared of us chicken hawks
    And only care about what foghorn leghorns like max kellerman and Stephen a smith say

It’s looney tunes brother

Plowman likes this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tilman must be having financial problems

Plowman likes this.
  16. pippsux

pippsux Member

Cannot allow the Lakers to get Capela
    Cannot allow that to happen

Remlap and jb86 like this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

If they offered him a contract right now I would be delighted.

We would be marching a cheap deal.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who is Chicken Little? Is Morey gonna sign him? What position does he play?

19. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

Thats all well and good. But last season is over. We won 65 games. Do those get added to next years total? No. Did the lakers improve by adding the architect of championship teams over the last decade? Yes? Oh. Did we keep most of a 65 win team together? Yes? Did that team win the championship? No? Oh. But if chris Paul is healthy then we wouldve. How much is that banner going to cost to be made and where exactly should we hang it? If the goal is to beat the warriors, we proved that we can get close. We paid chris paul handsomely and are at his hamstring/any other body parts will to try again in a year. Is there still time? Absolutely, you are 100% correct which is why i still have hope. But running it back with the same squad is not and should not be an appropriate response to being beaten in the playoffs. I know morey and i know he will make an improvement somewhere, thats not the problem i have. The main issue is people just assuming that we will maintain the same level of success next year just because we won 65 games and our guys are mostly back. Regular season just like in baseball means very little. If we ever want to be mentioned with the likes of the Spurs and Lakers as all time great franchises, we have to start with a shift in mentality and hopefully sprinkle in some luck. Sorry for rant, had a bad weekend and im probably wrong about everything. Get in line to tell me im wrong.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

**** Ryan Anderson's contract so much... completely ruined our off-season.

Every team is getting better in the West and Lakers won't beat the Warriors but they are definitely going to be another team we might run into the in the playoffs.

BigggReddd likes this.