1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the best Houston sports radio program?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Raven, Sep 17, 2015.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

can't you see my post? Mad radio is moving to mornings against Matt and Lance!

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Fair.

3. Tomorkin

Tomorkin New Member

Where are you getting this from? I can't seem to find anything about it.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/article...php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I was hoping this wasn't gonna happen but they were clearly testing them out in the mornings the last couple of weeks. I'm on the west coast so they are like my morning rush show when they come on. Not up at 4am so gonna miss these dudes.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yep. I was already having a tough choice daily as I like the Dan Patrick Show, too. Now, there's a huge hole until the Triple Threat and Pallilo's show.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't know Nick Wright was leaving. This is a victory for Houston sportstalk radio.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

HUGE hole. I can't take The Bottom Line for the entire time. I only catch their last hour after Mad Radio was finished.

He left and has already filled in at least once for Colin Cowherd nationally.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

John Lopez back in the hell hole that is mid day radio. He was a cancer at 790 and he's a cancer at 610.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

IMO he might be the last of the truly awful sports radio hosts in Houston with Innes and D.Gwynn gone. Rich Lord is close but he's bearable, and I even found Nick Wright somewhat bearable but maybe that was just because he was with Lopez.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Then you haven't heard of one Lance Zierlein

Absolute worst out there and it's not even close.

1 person likes this.
  12. Pete the Cheat

he sucks the enjoyment out of even Matt Thomas...made me stop listening to morning radio...blow hard name dropper FTW

1 person likes this.
  13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

its really hard to listen to MT with Lance ruining it (sometimes Matt does the last hour himself)

The problem with Lance is that he is a know it all. He knows about the NFL draft and the Texans, but that is absolutely it. He doesn't watch ANY Rockets games at all because anything he says about them is so off base (say what you will about Adam Clanton, but he actually watches the Rockets and gives his opinion and Lance used to just **** all over him when Clanton was actually correct).

I don't even mind "his comedy bits," I think that is 100% necessary in a show like theirs, but his absolute utter lack of sports knowledge, coupled with his know it all attitude is a recipe for disaster. The last few times I listened in the am, even Matt seemed to be getting fed up with him

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

The problem with Lance is that he needs all of the attention. I'm sure it's frustrating for Matt to have to acquiesce to his antics while still playing second fiddle to his own points of view. Even though I wasn't very good at it, Vandermeer is the most generous host I've worked with in Houston sports radio. He's a great guy who wants everyone to win. The last time I was on with Lopez he tried to ask me questions that I couldn't answer instead of having a conversation. It felt very intentional. He's more of an attention w**** than Lance, but I felt like while Lopez clearly didn't want to be outshone (I couldn't even if I'd tried) Lance's approach didn't have an agenda. He's a nice guy who just loves attention.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lance Z is very annoying. All he knows is Offensive Lineman and Texans. Basketball / Baseball is a joke.

Matt Thomas is getting ruined by being on with him.

My fav show right now is Bottom Line (790) with Adam Clanton and Sean Jones.

Clanton is funny, he knows his Rockets really well. Sean is a bright guy, I like to hear his takes on sports in general.

16. conquistador#11

good to see Seth and robot take on the mornings. It's one of my favorite odd pairings and will be better than chupacabra and nick wright ever were. Though, I don't listen to sportstalk as much as I used to when I was single. I also realized I go harder in my exercise listening to rihanna's work than 'the proper gentlemen' talking about strippers.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Why do y'all do this to yourselves?

Podcasts, podcasts, podcasts.

Anything but Houston sports radio. You'll feel much better in the end.

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Mike and Seth are by far the best on the air. Guess I won't be listening to them anymore. Same thing happened with Matt Thomas who I really enjoyed.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Love me some Sean Jones. I know I've said that before and repeatedly but it bears repeating. The only thing I feel bad about for the guy is his CTE. lol. He also has problems with names sometimes. I hope it really isn't CTE like he's always joking.

1 person likes this.
  20. jae713

jae713 Member

Lance was awful to me at first when he joined up with Matt. I think he has gotten better though. He can be pretty funny sometimes and has tone it down on the impressions (he still does a lot, but not as much). I wouldn't say he is good, but he is bearable at the very least.