1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's so great about Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's ok....Granger had one single season when he scored 26 and went to the Allstar game.

2. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Who knows how good he will end up being but for now I'm impressed with this second round pick.

All out hustle, rebounds, plays defense, a smart player and with a decent shot so far - I'm happy.

Did you hear Bill and Matt say that the coaches liked him because he only breaks down on 9% of the defensive plays and by comparison the Shane would only break down on 8%. For a rookie new into season that should make Rockets fans happy.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm not saying he is...but how do you know he is not? Is it because he's white? Or a 2nd round pick? What are you looking for from your sf of the future?

4. MadMirror

MadMirror Member

I was pretty impressed with what I saw of his all-around game at Flordia; after seeing one game of his, I had to look him up, even though he didn't have a big-scoring night. If he had a better post game or had been more aggressive with scoring in general, he'd have been taken in the first round. As it is, it's really easy to overlook seniors who don't have gaudy scoring numbers, even if they have good percentages.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Durant against Budinger, game was over by halftime. Durant against Parsons, game was decided by last shot. There is something special about this guy, there is a reason McHale starts him. He is a lot better option than Budinger, who I hate is a lack of fire, too lackadaiscal.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

awesome haircut

[​IMG]

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm looking for sumbody better that will be our 3 of the future I don't care if he's black white Mexican i don't care if he's a 1st or 2nd or undrafted free agent I jus want sumbody better

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Did that one guy jus compare parsons 2 Manu I'm done

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What do you dislike about Parsons then? He plays really good defense, excellent rebounder for a small forward, has some attitude, runs the break extremely well, outstanding court awareness and looks like he can score a multitude of ways.

I have no idea what his ceiling is but I'm assuming he is going to continue to get better. So what do you not like about Parsons and what are you looking for in a Small Forward. I have a feeling if it was Morris doing what Parsons is doing you would feel good about it.

10. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

As the black guy in the room let me be the first to say that yes, if Marcus Morris did this then he would be penciled in as our championship starting 3 for the next 10 years.

But I dont think it's solely about race, but more about prospect-status. If Parsons was a top 15 pick and did this we would be sold. Being unheralded out of college just means he has to prove himself for longer, just Like Chase had to and any other Afro-American late draft pick. How many people are already sold on Rubio? I was sold on Kevin Love immediately. Higher draft picks are expected to develop and shine fast.

This is professional sports and college athletes go from 4 hours/day working on their game to 10 hours/day working on their game. Just like I said a year ago with Jordan Hill, let the kid develop then judge him. I agree with above poster, sky is the limit for Chandler but it's all about development and chemistry.

1 person likes this.
  11. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

The Logo?

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What I'm looking for in a small forward is sumbody who would b top 10 at the position y'all are acting like parsons is already a top 10 SF this is jus my opinion

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What are you saying, he's not?

DD

14. Raven

Raven Member

Can we please have just one discussion where race isn't brought into it.

:rolleyes:

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it his scar?

No, it's his car...

16. Fun Boy

Fun Boy Member

Parsons Power Baby!

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think with the Morris/Parsons comparisons you have to look at the relative ceilings of their talent.

Morris has a higher ceiling than Parsons, but currently Parsons is further along. That is a bonus, considering Morris is the higher draft pick.

That may or may not change with time. Either way, it is a good problem to have if I'm the Rockets.

Two young and very promising players.

18. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Didnt read through the whole thread, but I disagree with the notion that Parsons makes Budinger expendable.

Bud's always been expendable, with T-Will and Morris on his heels.

I think the real reason to be excited about him is that he makes Martin expendable. He's quicker, a better defender, and rebounder than Martin. Recently he's been a better offensive player as well, and if he keeps it up, the team should look to trade Martin for what they can. A starting lineup featuring Parsons and Morris seems to be the future of this team, and if both continue to improve, it could end up being a solid combo.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How do you figure that?

DD

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Pretty simple, though it would not be my calculation, but rather the NBA scouts, GMs and teams who place draft value on prospects and called Morris a first rounder and Parson a second rounder.

I know in your mind these guys do not compare to your skill level of evaluating of talent, but I tend to give them more credence than you.

Edit: and like I said earlier it's a good problem to have
    edit again: and I'm not one to denigrate one player to glorify another