1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's not to like about Chandler Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by killakim, Nov 3, 2012.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He'll get some triple doubles. Very versatile player and very good defender.

2. King Boo

King Boo Member

He's a great glue guy. Even though his shot wasn't falling last night, he still filled up the stat sheet and played good defense.

I wanna see him start cutting to the basket a lot more for alley-oops. Some Knicks games last season felt a bit like a Globetrotters game with all the sweet alley-oops to Shumpert and Fields

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

different skillsets and bodies atm. i don't see that one.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He's pretty much a Shane Battier lite. He's not gonna become Iggy or breakout or anything. He is who he is.

5. AFS

AFS Member

Disagreed. Battier was/is a better spot-up shooter, but Parsons is a better slasher and passer. Only reason you're comparing the two is because they both play good defense.

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

They had some Parsons iso plays in the first two games and whenever Parsons tried to drive it in, the outcome was... not good. He's a good player off the ball, but on the ball, he's weak. He is a decent passer though. But unless his scoring ability improves he's a Shane Battier type player.

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol he's nothing like Battier except for his defense. His strength on offense is ball handling, slashing, and passing. Battier's strength is the corner 3. Completely different players.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If we get another all star, Parsons will most likely be relegated to defense and the open 3. He was his most effective last night standing outside the 3 pt line and opening up the floor for James Harden and Jeremy Lin. He was not very effective when he tried to create for himself or drive the ball (Hence his 2-9 shooting performance). Maybe his slashing will improve as the season progresses but right now it's pretty weak.

9. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I've been reluctant to get attached to Chandler Parsons. It's like giving a name to cattle before they're shipped to the slaughterhouse.

I love his game, I think he's a great fit in Houston, but I also get a real "trade bait" vibe from him. :(

10. conquistador#11

He's like shane battier in the sense that chandler will do the small things that won't get fantasy dorks hard.
    He rebounds and has court vision, way more athletic than battier.
    he goes to the basket hard(he doesn't end up on the line because he looks like a pop star)

Defensively? all you have to do is hear kobe's post game. I wonder what Maury had to do to not include him in the harden deal. then again, i don't want to know. glad he is here though!

11. ERC

ERC Member

Yeah, I read that Presti originally wanted Parsons instead of Lamb. I like Lamb too but am so glad Morey chose Parsons instead.

12. slabhurta

slabhurta Member

Been saying for a minute he isn't as good as most make him out to be but people will make every excuse for him. Wouldn't be shocked to see Morris take his spot in the future. The only most was screaming all star last yr but even then I saw a somewhat ok defender and limited upside offensive player.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

If we were to go after Cousins, he'd likely be one of the pieces shipped out with either Jones or Dmo. It would suck, but you gotta get potential stars like Cousins. Morey has shown he can find role players.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Presti wanted them both + Martin + 3 picks.

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

If Parsons had to be included in a trade for Cousins I wouldn't think for a second to ship him out and neither would Morey. Same goes for all of our rookies.

16. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

I'd rather have Lamb than Parsons and I think Parsons is a very weak link on this reconfigured team. He needs to be lights-out with the three-ball to keep his spot.

17. ERC

ERC Member

Really? Well, mad props to Morey for managing to keep Parsons then. :grin:

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I would be shocked because I still think Morris plays better as a 4.

But otherwise, I kind of agree. I really like Parsons but I am not expecting him to be a all star or all pro. He does have times when he really blows up offensively but his best games are when he plays above average defense and facilitates others.

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Better than Ariza

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

He has only played one year, I think it is to early to say that. Last year already he defended better than Shane at this point in Shanes career.