1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Michael Beasleys ceiling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jul 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Through the roof.

1 person likes this.
  2. Levi

Levi Member

our system was bad, but we found a diamond in the rough.
    he is a knockdown midrange scorer with a good inside game and decent 3

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Dude made shots - incredible shots. Looked like an MVP candidate. Same game. you look at the box score and he has the worst +/- in only 14 minutes. His shooting was unsustainable, so you knew it was only going to get worse. Don't compare him to be Harden-esque in being the man - Beasley does not pass. Ever. Hate dudes like that.

4. valorita

valorita Member

High.

1 person likes this.
  5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Ceiling is Carmelo Anthony.

However as mentioned he plays terrible defense, doesn't pass, and is the ultimate ball stopper.

Still other than Harden he is the only guy on the team that you can give the ball to and create offense.

Maybe MDA can figure out how to get him to play within an offensive system.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

"High potential" in knee rubbing

7. mightybosstone

I'm sorry, but suggesting that Beasley's ceiling is remotely close to Melo is just asinine. It would practically be a miracle if Beasley could average an efficient 15 and 6 next season (which he won't). Melo at his peak was one of the greatest scorers of all-time.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Melo had some efficiency and alot more talent for sure.

9. Asian Sensation

Not as high since he quit puffin the magic dragon.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

11. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Man... I do not agree with the majority here. The dude is awesome in pick n roll which is what MDA is going to do a lot of. He was allowed to hit the midrange J which is something not allowed to most. He shot at a decent clip and put up great numbers, mostly against bench players. Hes athletic but seriously its his pick n roll game that impresses me. As soon as he makes his cut he goes HARD and that's impressive. Dwight would just kinda flow... Beasley actually attacked HARD.

What's his ceiling? He's probably at it. Honestly. But its not as bad as people put out. You need points from him you get them. Hes great to have around.

12. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

He is not a good role player due to his understanding of the game, he doesn't pass much if at all, whenever he gets the ball, he will start one man show, yes he shoot it okay, but that's it and that's almost all he provide

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A scorer off the bench is still needed.

If you think of the classic Jamal Crawford role in Atlanta and LA.

Not sure if he can score consistently in the NBA like in China.

14. varughese.arun

He will be AMAZING in Dantoni's system. S. MARRION.

15. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Is Jamal Crawford really that valuable? He's probably my least favorite player. You got 2 Top 10 players on the Clippers, yet it's a Crawford one man show too often in the fourth. The Pistons have Vinnie Johnson, and then every team just has to have an instant offense chucker with no conscience off the bench. I think those guys' value is overrated. I think you need a guy who can create.......but that doesn't mean they should be a black hole.

16. meanplays

meanplays Member

I heard this one so many times when he was in college...but no, that ship has sailed...

I think a solid role player on a title contender is fair...

#37 meanplays, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2019
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

This and...

...this imo.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Great post, i agree. Jamal is one of the most overrated player in the league, i mean, i understand a lot of o people like him cause he makes some very cool off balance shots and he breaks some ankles, but he's a terrible defender, he never passes the ball and his shot selection is just utter ****, he's a regular season only player, just give a look at his numbers in the playoff through his career and you'll see how bad he really is.

Still can't believe that Doc paid him that much at this point, Pepperoni at vet min is a steal in comparison.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He's only 27 and per 36 minutes he was an absolute beast last year. Actually, per 36 minutes he's been damn good his entire career. He fills up the stat-sheet, has a very high ceiling. It's been the off the court stuff that's held him back.

He's not a stretch 4; more of a poor man's Shawn Marion. I'd really like to get something for this high value asset if we don't see him as part of our future. It's hard for me to see him as part of our future knowing he's in a contract year and we just gave Ryan Anderson $20 mil a year.

I think eventually some other team gets a hungry, talented vet; he could be dealt before the season starts depending on what happens with DMo.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So getting recognized by the league is something bad somehow?

Of course Crawford and Beasley are not perfect but name perfect players at the 6th man position?

Players who can create, who can shoot, who can rebound, defend and assist at the same time.

They would call them "starters" for starters.

sheesh people have expectations and that perfect 6th man should be getting paid 5 million a year.... lol

should not be expensive - fans and their expectations...... ;)