1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Beverley worth in free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Pat's salary next year will be....

1. $1 to $2.5M

34 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. $2.5M to $5M

164 vote(s)
    55.2%
  3. $5M to $7M

87 vote(s)
    29.3%
  4. More than $7M

12 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. PJ86

PJ86 Member

He's not worth much, probably 3-4 million a year.

2. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Bev will get paid, we will let him walk. Its going to be tough to see him go, but hopefully we can fill that spot with an upgrade.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

I hope Cuban shows him the money.

4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

He started from the bottom and worked his way to a starting position on a WCF team. He is probably excited to see how much money someone might offer.

I see Bevs career as will smiths in the pursuit of happiness pumping his fist in the air whenever he signs his first big paycheck haha

I wish I could hear bev and parsons convos, "Cuban wants to piss off Morey so we will offer you 3yr 15mil, but will throw you 20mil under the table"

5. RESINator

RESINator Member

Vet min salary. Too injury prone and regressed on defense heavily after his knee injury

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21">@patbev21</a> is restricted: &quot;Hopefully it's here. I'm very loyal. This is the only team that took a chance on me.I understand it's a business&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/604311530528624640">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pat Beverley will be restricted: &quot;I hear numbers that I've never heard in my life. I definitely worked my ass off to get where I am today.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/604312337751871488">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Get him a caddy and add shooting and I'm fine with him.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

3-4 mil/yr tops. He is not worth more than that. Especially with him getting hurt right before the playoffs each of the last 2 seasons. Until he can prove he can stay healthy for an entire season(or at least past late March), you don't invest big money in him.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden would like help at guard:&quot;That's 1 of the conversations me &amp; Daryl r going 2 have &amp; the coaches,1 of the pieces we need to add&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/604314227243769856">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

10. count_dough-ku

Even Harden is demanding publicly that we need to get a PG. Good to hear.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think Beverley could be the best bench/6th man PG in the league. It's a shame that he is locked into a starter's role.

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

We can afford to offer him something like $15mil/3, but I don't see us going over $6mil per year.

Beverley is probably going to want a 4+ year deal for stability, as his style of play does not promise longevity. He seems like a loyal guy, but I'm positive someone will offer him $7-8 mil per year.

Those of you saying $3mil or less don't understand how FA works. Unless he shocks everyone and makes a huge sacrifice for the team, he's going to warrant far more than that on the market. Sure, there are more talented PGs than ever in today's game, but Bev carries a reputation as a gritty/pesky defender (fully warranted or not), and that alone makes him a unique asset in a league of high-scoring offensive PGs (much like how NFL teams can never have enough talented DBs in a league that passes more and more).

14. SemisolidSnake

Please. Don't.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

the poll question was is how much is PB worth. anything more than that is pretty much overpaying for a 3 and D pg.

not what is PB going to get offered/paid.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

5 mil a year max.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Ughhhhhh. I will be SICK if he goes to Dallas. Anywhere but Dallas.

18. count_dough-ku

Actually, I'd consider that a good omen if Dallas overpays for him. He'll probably get injured again toward the end of the season.

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

He didn't say that we need a PG. He needs help, and what I think he meant that he need a player who can defend both, SG and PG (the one is more active offensively). That's why I think someone like JP Tokoto is valuable for our team in this years draft.

But I think we should sign Beverley for anything under 6M/y, I don't want him go against us.

20. SemisolidSnake

Ya know, if he'd just learn to play point guard on offense (whether that's part of our system or not), he'd be worth so much more than he is. He's simply a defensive role-player at this point. He should take it upon himself to become an offensive point-guard. Couple million a year for what he is now at best.