1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Beverley worth in free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Pat's salary next year will be....

1. $1 to $2.5M

34 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. $2.5M to $5M

164 vote(s)
    55.2%
  3. $5M to $7M

87 vote(s)
    29.3%
  4. More than $7M

12 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Bev is a poor man's Rafer Alston. He's worth between $2-3mil. If he gets more than $10 mil/3 years, he's grossly overpaid.

2. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More than 57% think Bev will get 2.5 to 5 million per year. That's insane. A 3 and D PG is worth much more than that. George Hill gets $8 million per year.

Pat Bev should get at least $5-6 million per year, but if more than 1 team wants him, he can get $7-8 million per year easily.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

George Hill is a better player than Bev.

Here's a recent ESPN ranking Bev is # 24 ahead of only Jackson, Smart, Payton, Lin, Cannan, and Exum.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...point-guards-no-1-chris-paul-no-30-dante-exum

Ironic enough it's only the former Rockets Lin and Cannan that should be beneath him. I'd take Jackson, Exum, and Payton in a heartbeat. Smart is still iffy.

The point being PG is widely known to be talent saturated and Bev is at the bottom of the rung and injured to boot.

That should equal = $2-$5 million

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

As I tried to explain on the last page , PatBev's value is greater to the Rockets than to another team simply because matching his offer sheet allows them to use the MLE on another player (Smith ?) rather than letting Beverley walk and pretty much being forced to use the MLE to sign a point guard ....

What point guard are you going to sign for MLE money that is a real upgrade over Beverley much less makes up for Beverley & the loss of a MLE free agent acquisition ?

They wont be chasing big free agents this offseason because they cant generate much if any cap space this offseason. Even if they move Ariza & KPap for next to nothing along with renouncing the rights to all their free agents .... they are left with about $7m in cap space and the MLE to fill all the holes they just created. (Terry gone , Brewer gone , Smith gone , PatBev gone , Ariza gone , KPap gone).

Someone needs to ask Bima to come in here and spell it out for you .... Regardless of PatBev's salary it makes more sense in relation to the cap to match most offers he would receive , even up to Ariza money. The cap hit doesn't make much difference to the Rockets (up to the luxury tax) when they are operating over the cap from the outset of the offseason.

This is assuming he returns from this injury with the same level of play.

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Max deal, Mark Cuban.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

10mil per for 3 years? cuban got it. "hey cmon, i am just being cubano mang."

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

While it's not extremely likely, there is still the sign-and-trade possibility to move Beverley (either alone or in a package) for something. The non-guaranteed contracts of Papanikolaou and Prigioni would alleviate a lot of the Base Year Compensation issues with such an arrangement by facilitating larger deals. But with all the teams with cap room this summer, there's probably not a big S&T market for Beverley.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well I think 8 mill a season should be his ceiling contract. Most likely a full MLE type deal for 5-6 million. But with the cap increasing I could see him get 8 a year, anything more then that would make me uncomfortable. He definitely shouldn't be making more then Ariza.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I probably should have stated this but I made the assumption that its not very likely a S&T occurs because of the multiple teams with cap space.
    A team that makes him an offer will have that cap space in hand and wont be willing to give up anything significant in return for Pat and spare parts like Prigioni & KPap.

Possible yes , Just not likely to happen. Then again , it is Morey at the controls. SHTF.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

beverley isnt even close to the player george hill is

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

and not a bench pg with limited pg capabilities

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

More than 7, according to Cuban.

13. BertEats

BertEats Member

Rockets are 18-3 without this guy? Did I get that right?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pat Beverley said he is looking forward to the summer. 'It's all new to me. I've never been a free agent before.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/604305509663944707">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Beverley was asked if he is talking to teammates/ players from other teams about next year. He said &quot;yeah, Chandler calls me every day.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/604305803252637697">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Beverley said he plans to watch the finals and watch Steph and Kyrie to maybe pick something up and get better.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/604306113652088832">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man, the Mavericks going hard after Beverly is going to annoy me so much.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

Looking at it from Beverley's viewpoint, I would go with whoever offers me the most money and I wouldn't hate him for it.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn I voted $2.5-$5? What was I thinking. It'll be more than that for sure.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I hope he does get a stupid offer so its that much easier to walk away. I think I've seen enough of Beverly to want the team to go in a different direction.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, he needs to go for the money, never got paid much and broke through. Can't hate him for that, I mean he's gotten paid peanuts compared to his expected contribution.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah this too... I think we need different pg, wouldn't mind him on the bench, but the Rockets can't afford that...