1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Beverley worth in free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Pat's salary next year will be....

1. $1 to $2.5M

34 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. $2.5M to $5M

164 vote(s)
    55.2%
  3. $5M to $7M

87 vote(s)
    29.3%
  4. More than $7M

12 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dont want him back at all

2. Sanity2disChaos

that's too much bro!

3. Sanity2disChaos

He is now a above average bench player and should be paid as such.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think the wild card team is Dallas Mavericks. They are desperate for a defensive minded point guard that can hit an outside shot. Rondo has been outstanding on defense but he has been a huge liability on offense. Monte Ellis is the Mavericks version of Harden (although not as good) so what Dallas needs is someone like Pat. there have been rumors in Dallas that Cuban would overpay to get Pat. I have no idea how his wrist injury will affect him but at least it's not on his shooting hand so I don't think it will hurt him that much.

5. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

1st round pick for Avery Bradley ?

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Chris Herring @HerringWSJ about 1 hour ago

Really would have liked to have seen Knicks target Beverley and Matthews in FA this summer. Now, both have major, season-ending injuries.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I can see some teams out there will be interested on him.

I won't be surprised even the Cavs will go after him, he is a good friend with Lebrons.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lies. :p

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

its a shame he is not more durable.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Of course a minimum player like Bev has not reached the level of D-wade, Melo and CP3, its just words from the Heat writers that they know each others and were good friends since the time he spent in the Heat training camp.

1 person likes this.
  11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

As for his value, hard to put a read now before the draft and how the teams will settle for next season.

Will there be teams out there to offer him around 5 mils per? I believe yes and it will probably be a 3 years deal considering his injury history.

Will the Rockets match that? If that's 3 years for 15 mils, I believe Morey will. If the number is north of that, I don't know if Morey will do it or look for other option, my guess is he will probably go for other option and hope Nick can be a big factor.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Something no one has mentioned:

The Rockets will likely start the offseason over the cap. The only way they can add a salary greater than the minimum is thru trade or a salary cap exception which they only have the MLE , likely non-taxpayer level.

Brewer , Terry , Josh Smith , KJ McDaniels & PatBev will be FA's.

They have full bird rights Terry and can resign both in excess of the cap. (I think they will , one year guaranteed in the neighborhood of $6-7m with a team option for a second year with the idea of using his contract in future deals - just makes too much sense when it comes to the cap)

They have early bird rights on Brewer and can offer him 175% of his current deal and exceed the cap in doing so. (He'll be back , no one is going to offer him more than the Rockets can and being over the cap it really doesn't affect them)

They have no bird rights on McDaniels or Smith. Vet min or MLE is the only way to keep one or both.

PatBev is a restricted FA , you can match any offer and exceed the cap. The only issue is if Les is willing to pay the luxury tax.

So what you have is the MLE to spend on Smith or player X and matching PatBev without cap implications (other than future flexibility) or letting PatBev walk and using the MLE to replace him and missing out on Smith or player X that they could have used the MLE.

Tell me , what point guard are you going to get with the MLE ($5-6m) that is a better option / fit than keeping both Beverley & Smith or player X ?!

Matching PatBev seems like a no brainer to me .... unless the cost is just totally outrageous.

13. newAge_Rockets

1. We can draft a point guard in the lottery. (Someone like Dunn or Grant)

2. We can also bring Sergio Llull over on the MLE.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Bye bye Patrick Beverley

Hello Jeremy Lin

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

1.A Sure its a lottery pick , a late one. No guarantee that player is a viable alternative.

1.B This team is trying to contend for championships and you want to plug in a rookie at point guard ?!

2. Sure you can bring over Llull .... but now you cant resign Josh Smith or an alternative player.

Here's the bottom line: Greater impact - Lull (or alternative PG who takes MLE money) or PatBev & Smith (or alternative).

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Your image is a red X .... but ..... come on man , Linsanity !?

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind payin 3yrs/$10m... decent 6th man money

that said, I think Cuban or somebody would prob go 3/$12m

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

> Sign and trade him to OKC for whatever
    > Monitor how Westbrook reacts to playing with Bev
    > ???
    > Profit.

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

Can we sign him to a poison pill?