1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Beverley worth in free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Pat's salary next year will be....

1. $1 to $2.5M

34 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. $2.5M to $5M

164 vote(s)
    55.2%
  3. $5M to $7M

87 vote(s)
    29.3%
  4. More than $7M

12 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Rondo to LA,

Mavs to overpay Bev.

2. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I'm fairly confident Beverly will get an offer greater than 5M/year from SOMEBODY. The most likely situation is a contender who's just missing a backup PG or maybe Dallas if Rondo walks. A longer 5M/yr going into the new CBA will be essentially a $3M/yr deal right now.

3. anchel

anchel Member

I see a team like the Knicks offering him more than 5-6 per year. And you only need one team offering that to be forced to match. So this is not exactly about his value as a player.

4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I could see bev and Morey already having this talk before he decided to have surgery.

Bev has said before he starting crying in his car when he got the starting job call. He seems like the kind that cares more about legacy over money. I've also heard Morey talk about the respect he has for his toughness and heart

I know he probably would rather stay on rockets to win rings.

I could definitely see bev trying to play through it just like how he refused knee surgery last year. Morey probably had to assure him a agreeable contract as long as he went ahead and got the surgery now.

We dude not need a all star point guard with harden. We need lockup defense for all star points cause every team has one

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

conversation was probably similar to the one he had with parsons:cool:

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Someone will overpay him, he'll get more than $5 mil easily imo.

7. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Haha Morey told parsons to go see what he could get, but we have billionaire owners as GMs passing around max's. I hope we win a ring the year after parsons feel like ****.

Bev is 25 and a excellent defender. If we upgrade point I think Morey will offer a good amount for bev to come of bench

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

me made an all nba defensive team last year, and won the skills challenge this year. he's also the starting PG on a 55+ win team. he's going to get paid. $2.5-$5m? that's a joke.

he's also the 5th best pg on the market this summer after dragic, knight, rondo, and jackson. by the looks of things, he might be the best one willing to relocate. i think the first 4 are going to resign with their new teams.

i think bigs START at full MLE, with a range of probably $5-8M. however, i wouldn't pay more than $5-6M. if he finds more money, good for him.

9. deshen

deshen Member

$5M at least.

10. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

He may get the "oh, this guy is tough and I like how he played against X player" like Jordan saw in Lance Stephenson against LeBron and overpaid big time. But in terms of what he's worth, I'd say about five million a year for 4 years.

11. RESINator

RESINator Member

He is not a fit anywhere else except the Rockets. His offensive game is close to none and his defense this year has been abysmal. Vet minimum though some teams might force Morey's hand

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if u take his constant injury prone years and the rockets being contenders by the media he should stick with us for cheaper then other teams would pay him. 2-3 years at 3-4 mil per.

tho i dont want him to be starting pg, unless he improves his shot

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

severely overrating him. he's not a starting pg in reality. he's become injury prone. thats pretty interesting you would mention the skills challange like it matters

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

id definitely want PB back to come off the bench. best role for him and always has been.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Beverly is what he is, a solid high energy backup PG.

Good defensively, adequate shooter, does nothing else of note. The only reason he was able to function here is because Harden plays PG. If anybody uses the full MLE on him they will regret it.

2-4 Million is the most I would spend on him.

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Dude sucks. If I owned the Rockets he would have to pay me for letting him on the team.

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Beverley as a starter is a total deal-breaker for me. if he will take ok money and a bench role keep, if not bye bye

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Whatever Cuabs wants to pay him.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Unless we can get him for less than $3 mil a year I don't want him back. He's a backup PG.

20. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

His days as a starting PG are likely over. Only way he continues is if the Rockets completely strike out in the off-season.