1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats better for the future of the Franchise? Being 3-5 seed/Tanking & Lottery Pick.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robroy77, Feb 10, 2012.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

You must like jobs that pay you 30% of what you're worth.

2. Rocket_Man_2.0

Sign and Trade

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets spinning their wheels. Stuck in the mud and left spinning their wheels.:p

4. Rocket_Man_2.0

5. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

@Pro-tankers:

Just pretend that we traded away Martin and didn't sign Dalembert but instead started Williams and Thabeet and "let them develop". Cause that's basically what's happening right now.

You mad?

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

Overpaying ball hogs like Jennings are the only kind "Superstars"...rockets can hope to attract...Dwill/Dwight forget about lol...:)

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Everything bodes better for the Rockets than tanking because tanking is cheating and I don't root for cheaters. And I don't root for teams that try to lose.

I am so sick of this pathetic armchair GM talk of tanking. And I am proud of our team for not playing dirty, on the court or off it.

8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I never agreed with these theories. Playing well doesn't mean a FA is going to your city. Look how amazing Memphis did last year! Everything we Rockets fans have been saying the last few years has molded into the Grizzlies. Good supporting cast, went deep in the playoffs, but do you hear Dwight or DWill wanting to be traded there? No. How is it different than Houston?

The reason? We don't have a star. It doesn't matter if we play well or finish strong, they want to play with another star. Not a feel good team with good bench players.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

This This This. Sure, it's nice they play hard but it not really a deciding factor imo. Just because you play hard doesn't mean the [super]stars will look your way. "Ohhh, looks at those Rockets and how hard they play!!" Uhh no. It's about their buddies and where they are.

Rockets can play as hard as they want but what then when/if Dwight ends up in New Jersey? Well, it wasn't because the Nets necessarily played harder than the Rockets or were even better for that matter, but the Nets have one of his friends [that is also a star].

10. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

The Rocket Mindset

I am a new member and I look forward to some real discussions with you all.

I was watching a Butch Alsandor report earlier on Channel 11 and something really struck a nerve with me...he said the Rockets are currently tied with the Lakers for 5th in the West and the team really feels Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry can "lead them to a playoff spot."

My problem with this mindset is that, for years now, the Rockets' ultimate goal seems to be 'a playoff berth'. It was my opinion years ago that we need to focus on rebuilding the team a bit in order to make us a legitimate Championship contender.

If you're a fringe Playoff team that plays hard and inevitably gets bounced out in Round 1 all the time, you're going to select in the Teens each Draft, and it only further breeds mediocrity.

Bottom line is we need to focus on setting this team up for sustained long-term success. Making trades that sacrifice youth for veterans at every trade deadline is NOT the way the Rockets should be operating.

My thoughts.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don't seem to recall you ever asking the Astros to get rid of Biggio when he was hanging on solely to get to 3000 hits. Could you refresh my memory on that if I'm wrong?

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The pick will a 13th or 14th pick if we miss the playoffs, so we might as well give up the pick for this season, try to win every game, and screw NJ out of a decent pick.