1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's actually Jeremy Lin's trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL when did I say that I wanted either Lin or the Rockets to fail? I suggest reading what I type, not reading what you wish I typed.

2. cw3k

cw3k Member

Trade Lin for Novak.

If McHale is staying (highly doubt it), he needs Novak.

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Trade Lin for Novak, what a plan you may be a genius.

4. Postcall

Postcall Member

Because here in New York we praise Novak for his D and his ability to not disappear for entire game stretches. You can probably grab Kidd as well and Felton. Those three have been useless for the most part.

5. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

There is no other feasible scenario where Lin's contract is not extended in 2 years. If Lin overperforms expectations the FO will trip over itself to keep him. If he matches expectations, no other GMs will offer enough to get him away from us. Even if do something crazy and sign CP3 or something, Lin stays as 6th man. The only way he leaves is if there is some serious failure going on.

6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Nowhere are the Knicks more relevant than Clutchfans:rolleyes:

7. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Why doesn't Wall take them anymore? Because he shoots 7% from 3s. It isn't a sample size issue if it's over a season or approx 75 games or so. He doesnt take them because he can't hit them and he hurts his team by taking them. And it's not as if his 2pt FG% at 42% is any good either. No sample size issue with that.

By your logic, Asik and Dwight could be good 3pt shooters, because we don't have enough sample size to argue otherwise.

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

The only team that would be legitimately interested in trading for Lin (And not for marketing purposes) would be the Dallas Mavericks. GM Donnie Nelson was the first one who originally signed him to a Summer League contract where he surprised everyone in one game vs. John Wall. Nelson has tried to pick up Lin off of waivers 2X after the Warriors cut him.

Dallas might trade Collison and Beaubois for Lin + draft pick.

9. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

it won't be 1-for-1, and Lakers makes most sense. (a coach/system that max Lin's ability, a need for a Nash successor, will be very marketable in L.A.)

if DH12 wants to play here Lakers will ask for Asik+Lin+DMo in a Sign-n'-trade deal. Dork Elvis will get it done with Asik+Lin+White;)

we will keep Delfino and still left with $14M. to sign either Millsap or JSmoove.
    personally i'd prefer Millsap, maybe another S&T of Millsap for TRob+$8M of our cap space. thus we got $6M leftover to sign Jose Calderon for the PG void.

Howard, Smith, Ohlbrecht
    Millsap, DMo, Jones
    Parsons, Delfino, (Pho.'s pick)
    Harden, Anderson, (Pho.'s pick)
    Calderon, Beverly, Brooks

WC Champion :cool:

10. Postcall

Postcall Member

Kupchek is no fool man. They will drop D antoni long before Dwight. Lin Asik Parson plus 1 first rounder at least. Remember they Earl Clark already dont need another power foward other than maybe Kevin love. But we can dream lol

11. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

The main thing is that Rocket fans are fans of the team. Basketball is a TEAM sport. I cheered for Francis, Mobley, McGrady, Dragic, Lowry, etc. When they were traded or moved to another team I no longer cheered for them, I followed their career somewhat because I'm a NBA fan and basketball fan. It's just strange to me and a lot of other fans for LOF's to only care about one player on the team in a team sport. Why don't you guys go follow Li Na or something or the Shanghai Sharks. To me LOF are racist. Rocket fans care about the Rockets and the majority believe Lin is a decent player and hope he performs well. Bit if Beverly or Brooks give the Rockets TEAM a better chance of winning on any given night then so be it. How did Knicks fans react when he was getting raped by the Heat in last year's playoffs. How about the terrible racist comments made about Jeremy by Knicks fans when he signed with Houston?

12. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Cant edit on here...Lin didnt play against Miami in the po's but he caught a lot of grief for sitting out the series...

13. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Jimmer?:rolleyes: Dude is a ultra poor man's Redick. Won't get Bradley cause the Celtics organization think he is the next coming of the Messiah(well the fans do), Gary Neal is trash....

Meh troll topic.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I'm more then happy with Lin in the last few weeks barring the last 3 outings. Just compare him to start of the season to now and you will see how muchAlso outsie of he has improved.

BTW, outside of the beard, Linis the safest untouchable commodity on the team. He aint going anywhere.

15. SeabrookMiglla

lin's trade value isnt much right now. i think that he will be in the rocket's long term plans, and IMO i think he has a lot of upside. im all for keeping him around, so long as he keeps his work ethic up which he is.

16. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

if you ask kevin mcfailburger and kelvin dimsum, they'd say Lin ain't worth much more than douglass

17. SeabrookMiglla

i guess i will address this point about rockets fans preferring harden over lin, and us rockets fans being lin haters etc. its bs. ill tell you what we are: fans who have been loyal to a team that has not made the playoffs since the 07-08 season. we have been plagued with injuries, and have had our high hopes let down with tmac/yao era that should have gave us another ring.for the past few years we have barely missed the playoffs, and have been through so many roster flips its ridiculous. we have had heartbreaks as of late, and fans here are going to be skeptical of a guy like j-lin who is still unproven and more fond of a guy like harden who we know is a for sure star. im not sure if you LOF picked it up yet but there are 3 things you will find here on clutch fans: knee jerk threads, very pessimistic fans, and very knowledgeable fans. i cruise through many other NBA forums, and i think with out a doubt that CF is one of the most active and has some of the most knowledgeable posters out there. IMO many fans on big market teams ive noticed are usually dip ****s and drink the koo-laid.

btw: lin is my favorite rocket, but i am not a LOF.

18. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

IMO this discussion is pointless at the moment as Jeremy Lin although not a superstar, is untouchable this year.

So what's actually Jeremy Lin's trade value? This season = Invaluable.

19. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

LOL. If Howard wants to come here why trade anyone for him? We just sign him.

20. jeddah

jeddah Member

Explain "Garbage"...