1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's actually Jeremy Lin's trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Mar 2, 2013.

1. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

trade jlin w/ t-jones and garcia and royce white to Brooklyn nets deron williams then rockets have a legitimate PG,and Jlin will also flourished on PJ Carlisimo's watch,for sure the nets will love this trade and all of you who doesn't like Jlin as rockets will be happy too.

2. New

Seriously, I think there are fans who watch box scores and then bash or praise a player solely based on that.

3. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

If Lin was a 38% 3 point shooter, we'd probably have the #1 offense in terms of efficiency right now, primarily b/c of Harden, but Lin's impact wouldn't be far behind...I think he can get to that level sooner that most of you think

4. New

No. Deron Williams won't work well with Harden if you are looking for a guard that stands in the corner and shoot. His ego won't t allow him to.

5. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

so... you only like a PG that could be a biyatch for Harden you're sounding like MChell...

6. New

About Lowry vs. Lin?
    Grass is always greener ....

7. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

The Rockets have amazing fans. Although I haven't seen a whole lot of other fan boards, CF is an incredibly vibrant place, full of hard core Rockets fans with a generous and welcoming spirit.

Yes. Lin is a good PG, and IMO has earned his spot through everything he's accomplished up to this point, although I do wish for some more consistency. The Linsanity thing happened last year, and any time someone seemingly comes out of nowhere, people pay attention in a big way. He raised people's expectations, and because of that, it's unfair for anyone on CF to characterize Houston fans negatively because we're more grounded in our enthusiasm for Lin's contributions. He didn't start this year as the 3rd PG option sitting at the end of the bench, earning the league minimum.

For those who want recognition for Lin, how about this? He's the starting PG, and he's pulling down $5 million this year. And Rockets fans support him wholeheartedly.

8. redearth

I believe our coach's name is spelled McHale.

9. New

I am not saying that we need that. I am saying if people want to trade Lin because he does not do a good job of "standing in the corner, catch and shoot", they'd better find someone who does that.

I actually think Harden is actually trying harder at playing off-ball now. If he wants a ring, he needs to work on that. I like our current players and believe we can develop into a contender once we know how to defend without Asik, and do better a job at defending PnR. The way Dmo plays, I think our problem of not getting enough defensive rebound (when the opposing team has two players good at rebounding) will disappear.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Then leave and go support the Knicks or something.

This is called the Houston Rockets.

Not the Houston Jeremy-Lins-and-****-everyone-else.

The Rockets deserve better fans than the likes of you.

11. New

The Rockets deserve better fans than the likes of you.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

At least I support this team and hope everybody succeed on it, nor do I think the success of one player to be more important than that of the team.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The dispute between Lin fans and Rockets fans won't end tonight, there is no reason to continue going back and forth with this guy, he doesn't and likely won't ever understand. Don't worry, the Lin fans will be gone as soon as he's gone and we won't have to deal with them ever again. Just put up with them for now and realize that what they say doesn't really matter.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

McHale deserves better fans.

15. redearth

I like that PB is integrating nicely, and hopefully T-Rob will do the same in the coming days.

16. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

17. Anxiety Trooper

Trade Lin for dragic. Everyone will be happy

18. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

What a moronic pipe dream. You guys should just quit with the "trade Lin" threads like this one. It isn't going to happen.

Lin fans won't be gone soon because Lin isn't going anywhere.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never said they were going to trade him, I just said that he'd be gone soon. I've been a fan of the Rockets for well over 20 years now, even if Lin spends the rest of his contract here, that's not a terribly long time when looked at in that perspective. His fans aren't Rockets fans so they won't be around when he's gone, we won't be dealing with them in a decade.

20. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

You are being awfully optimistic (or is it pessimistic?) with your assurance that Lin will be gone once his contract is up. He's not going anywhere unless suddenly regresses to being unworthy of starting or suffers a major injury. I think I prefer the LOF's to a "20 years Rockets fan" who wants to see Lin & the Rockets fail over the next 2 years just so he is less annoyed on internet forums.