1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's actually Jeremy Lin's trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Mar 2, 2013.

1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

I'm a Lin fan, but you have to realize, what Lin did to NYC and what Lin did or hasn't done to Houston. Two different scenarios. Of course Lin will be more celebrated in NYC. That was Linsanity. In Houston he hasn't quite done as much. It's not Lin's fault completely. Partially, it's the new system he is in, he has to adjust to a new different role. And Harden gets love from fans is because night in and night out, he's the star of the team, he gets to do whatever he wants. So of course he would stand out more. From a Houston point of view, Lin has yet to prove himself, that's why his fans here aren't as crazy.

1 person likes this.
  2. Habs

Habs Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLQ5xvo5xIg

"I think he gives New York hope, or that feeling from the 90s."

"Jeremy Lin has meant the world to New York fans. We haven't had this much excitement at the garden since John Starks, Patrick Ewing, Allan Houston was here. The Garden is going nuts, New York is going nuts. It's Linsanity here in New York, what else do you want to know?"

"It's like this, everybody here is coming here to see Jeremy Lin. It's not Carmelo Anthony, it's not Amare Stoudamire, it's all about Jeremy Lin."

"I believe and god is good."

There are numerous New York street interviews in/around the garden, and downtown New York where fans gush over him. The difference between the love from NYC and the lukewarm reception in Houston is disappointing at best.

3. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Yes, this. Thank you for bringing that comparison up. It is pretty funny, that Melo was the star, but people kept saying, Melo don't screw it up for us lol. Where here Harden is the proven star. NBA, Where Drama Happens.

If Lin were to go to a new team, I would want him to go to Dallas or ATL. Lin on the Mavs would be pretty interesting. And yes I am LOF, but I am not unreasonable.

Meow!

4. PeppermintCandy

A reasonable answer that I'd agree with.

At this point, it would be a "sell low" situation with Lin, relatively speaking. A mid-first rounder to start would not be a bad haul objectively, but it would not be a move that the Rockets would consider making either.

5. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Are you speaking from experience from going to a Rockets home game? or is all this assumption?

6. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

why not petition it to the GM and the owner,since most of you are just speculating and just spewing hate,most of you are pretending that knows basketball too much but in reality most of you are just barely knows basketball.

7. LivinLikeLarry

Lin is worth huge popularity and multi millions of fans from our neighbors across the drink, so I realistically do not see Les allowing Lin to be traded unless the deals is an absolute no brainer Eg. Established Star or top 8 pick.

I'm all for a Lin trade if it helps the team, but I think Les would have Morey's scalp over his fireplace if that happend.

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

And you missed the point of my post. Where did I say I don't support Lin? I cheer him every morning he wakes up a Rocket.

Your bringing up Melo, Amare, blah blah shows you for one more fan of the man ahead of the team.

So because Jeremy isn't heralded as Houston's "golden child" for what he did in NY there's something wrong with Rockets fans? There's something wrong with you, I'd say.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well, Lin WAS playing better in NYC -- at least during the Linsanity run. Nobody (except for LOFs) expected him to do that well here, and definitely not right off the bat.

10. timyeung

timyeung Member

The Rockets have Harden and Beverly. They don't need Lin. Please petition to trade Lin away to another team.

11. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Isn't he an even WORSE shooter? I thought the only thing we are missing with Lin is shooting?

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Why would anyone do that.

Lin isn't hurting this team nor does he have character issues.

13. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

OP is a scrub, end of story.

14. loox

loox Member

Well, there are fans who only care about stats, and there are fans who look deeper into things like whether one makes the best effort on both ends of the floor, like whether one cares about elevating his teammates, like whether one brings excitement to the game.

The thing I see is that Lin has done a great job adjusting to playing along side new teammates, especially a superstar like Harden; he has made steady progress throughout the season in spite of inconsistent minutes and suspicious support from the coaches. Yet, there are Rockets fans complaining that he has done enough to prove himself. Hasn't done enough with what? Stats? Of course, there are fans who only care about stats, and there are fans who look deeper.

15. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

You are trying way too hard to give credit to a player that doesn't deserve it. I don't mean this negatively. JLin was loved in New York because he gave NY fans something to cheer for when most believed the next 8 months of their lives would be basketball hell. In Houston, the situation is different - we aren't a team stuck in cap hell for the next few years, we're a team with cap space and an emerging superstar in Harden.

Lin, in NY, brought the Knicks back to relevance. Lin, in Houston, has yet to take Houston to the next level.

Going off about how fans here are less receptive than fans in New York is completely missing the point. It seems you're thrown off by the fact that there are people here who blatantly do not like Lin, and I can agree with that, but you're selectively choosing to perceive all Houston fans as Lin haters.

And the section I just quoted - How is it sad that Houston doesn't think of Lin as a golden child? Think about that before your next post.

16. timyeung

timyeung Member

Because I think Lin deserves a team with better fans.

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

If Linsanity had occurred in Houston, then Houston fans would love him just as much as NY fans. But what has he done in Houston? He has been disappointing. All hype no substance, just an average PG at best.

18. New

CP3? Yes!
    Kyrie Irving? No! Unless you get rid of Harden.

19. New

It depends on what you mean by "answer". We definitely need an EFFICIENT player to play with Harden, not just a player with good STATS! We also need a player who plays a different style of game from Harden and get his teammates involved.

Lin is far from perfect but his defense, heads-up play, ability to penetrate and assist the big man fits Harden's game. The main thing he lacks is that he needs to shoot better consistently. If he develops that, he will be very good for our team. If he can not develop that, then we need to find another player.

20. New

OK. If he is average at best, you should be able to easily point out which part of his game is below average.

His 3pt? Not very good, but not WAY below average. His careless TOs? Yes. That's below average.