1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's actually Jeremy Lin's trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Mar 2, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I would think so also. And Lin is actually doing a good job of contributing to the team. His game is transitioning to one that fits well with Harden. My view is that Lin is here for the long term. His 3 point percentage is increasing and he has the summer to work on his shot. The offense that is emerging since the beginning of the season is a beautiful thing with the spacing and two dangerous penetrating guards. With Parsons and D-Mo also able to drive from the 3 point line the match up issues for the other teams are going to increase dramatically over the next year.

2. Penetrate&Creat

As much as I love Rondo's game, I don't think he would fit in with McFail's system.

I'm too lazy to explain why right now, but just put 2 and 2 together and you'll see what I mean.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is McHale newbie. And you never ever pair a ball dominant PG with a super star SG who needs the ball to be effective. It would be a great way to marginalize both of them. That was not so hard was it lazy boy?

4. rokit

rokit Member

he's already playing well alongside harden. it's on the coaching staff to give him a bigger role if that's going to help us win more games.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lin for Lowry straight up

6. GWST11

GWST11 Member

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Dconlemi01%26y1%3D2013&div=div_per_game"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Dlinje01%26y1%3D2013&div=div_per_game"></script>

Why is Conley so high rated?

7. GWST11

GWST11 Member

Fixed.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Dconlemi01%26y1%3D2013%26p2%3Dlinje01%26y2%3D2013&div=div_per_game"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplay-index%2Fpcm_finder.cgi%3Frequest%3D1%26sum%3D0%26p1%3Dlinje01%26y1%3D2013%26p2%3Dconlemi01%26y2%3D2013&div=div_per_game"></script>

8. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

wow first person i will ever rep, well done my friend:cool:

9. Sanity2disChaos

Close thread....THIS SAYS IT ALL.....

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

It seems strange to me that some people that have been here for years and have watched the Rockets PG's of the past don't see Lin's upside.

I see Lin with a greater upside than Lowry for sure. Were you this down on Lowry when he came to the Rockets. It was his third season when he came to the Rockets and he was worse than Lin stat wise, Lin just completed his first season this year, he has a bright future.

1 person likes this.
  11. Sanity2disChaos

Close thread....THIS SAYS IT ALL.....

Plus we need a consistent 4....Lin is not the issue here.THIS IS HIS FIRST FULL SEASON ASCA STARTER WITH A NEW TEAM, CITY AND COACH....BE EASY PEOPLE.

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

The only guy who I like that I think is possible is Vasquez, but I would like him as a back up PG.

Lin is our PG people need to deal with that.

13. Penetrate&Creat

Oh hi Mcfail.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Lin fans.

The answer is to trade Lin.
    Okay, for who?

15. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

You said "statistically...," and then said we needed to look past the box score. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I'm pretty sure you contradicted yourself.

16. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

We don't trade Lin unless we get Bledsoe. That would involve a 3 team trade though, because the clippers don't want Lin. We wait it out and see if he plays for what he's getting paid for. I doubt it happens but that's what we get for giving him that offer. We need to upgrade at either 3 or 4 spot. I don't think our point guard is our problem. Also, Lin puts butts in seats. Asian butt, but they're still butts.

17. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Once Lin learns how to play with Harden, and becomes really good at playing off the ball, 3P shooting etc., his trade value would only go up.

At that time more team's would want to have him but Les would want to keep him even more. Don't forget that Les is planning to bank on the opening games in China and possibly other Asian countries next season.

18. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Good points.

19. kozmo

kozmo Member

no actually james harden wouldnt like any of these 2 guys....

its funny, Lin plays d....were the worst d team in the NBA.....and lin plays really good d...

were the best offense in the NBA and Lin is the starting PG.....and he brings the ball up most of the time...yet you idiots want to break up this offense and not talk abotu what the real problem is....defense

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lowry has a higher PER, better TS%, better AST% lower TOV%, Better TRB%, better ORtg, Better DRtg, more win shares, and he counts less against the cap.