1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Whataboutism]Have we ever seen anything like this before?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Aug 23, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

One, I am not a Trump Supporter. Second, my posts are not trolling. Many people here just lose their minds over small things and you don't have to lie or post things to do it on purpose. If I find it amusing that people get worked up, then I find it amusing. I don't go seeking it. The amusement factor is secondary. Just know that I really can't embarrass people who think that Trump is the second coming of Hitler and that for disagreeing I am supporting him. They embarrass themselves and I, well, I get quite a chuckle about that.

Now, as for your post... common. Hakeem is the man. A personal hero of mine. I've read his damn book for Christ's sake, which is more than the lot of ya can say. I wouldn't dream of dishonoring Dream like that and the fact that you joke about that, well, it doesn't sit well with me. Those words, even in joke form, give life to that lie. They should be stricken from all of CFs and should be a cause for rookification.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would ask you to explain what you believe the difference is, but I know I won't get a response.

3. foh

foh Member

Would it be too personal to ask what the primary factor for you to be posting on D&D is? For example, for me, I would have to say, it is to understand how people think and talk across isle about current state of politics and whether there is a better way to communicate to get to some mutual understanding and compromise.

edit: if I were to guess, it is probably to voice annoyance of some kind? what annoys you the most about current state of affairs?

#63 foh, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah it is a comparison between sweets and a trait of someone who is unstable. Thus the word like, which is a comparative word. I was drawing a comparison between his posting and that of a crazy person on a watchlist. It was more of well-worded dig than a calling for him to be put on a list. I wouldn't personally enjoy seeing anyone get put on a list nor do I have criteria for something like that. It would be sad, that's for sure.

So, let's further examine your accusation. Not once did I use modal verbs that indicate suggestion. Words like should. I didn't. I didn't suggest he me put on a list, nor call for it. So there's your English lesson, kid.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Take your own advice?

foh likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

No you got schooled and your obsession for the Clinton’s showed. Nobody here defends them, but your love for the Orange anus ..

DaDakota likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The fact that you brought up the idea that he sounds like a candidate for a watchlist implies you believe that he belongs there. For the record, most people don't nominate candidates for a position for which they don't believe they are well suited.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you don't mind, I'd like you to point out what is dishonest about the list Nolen made. Point out what makes it "radicalized" or a "hateful screed." If you don't think Nolen's post fits that description, then point out what you disagree with. It shouldn't be difficult. You say you've been "dogpiled" here, in this thread, yet the first post you made was an attempt to say Bill Clinton was/is a pedophile. Not exactly on topic, was it? What I actually care about would be to see you respond to Nolen's list. How about it?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you were trolling. Good to know since you seem to complain a lot about anyone who trolls you.

10. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

You know you’ll never get any meaningful response. I went through a discussion with Dachuda about trump mismanaging his cabinet, being all over the place on China, etc. he just gave it the old “I don’t care about that stuff”, “every politician is a bigot” dismissal because he can’t defend his support or defense of trump in an intellectually honest way. But it is kind of entertaining seeing him run.

Deckard likes this.
  11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Solid thread.

biff17 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh look at Mr. above poo flinging getting brown all over his hands... I am not the Trump complaint department nor do I owe you a response when you say something.

#73 dachuda86, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah saying I am his supporter is definitely a lie.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

not trolling.. you not reading and making assumptions as usual.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Try not to trigger so easily... people here are trying to guide me into the debates they want where I may not care even. I will discuss whatever I see fit when I see it fit. If it bothers you, don't read my posts. Just ignore me.

#76 dachuda86, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    cml750 likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You just claimed it was a dig - which is trolling - a means to antagonize someone especially given that we are not on good terms.

How hypocritical of you given you went to the mods and cried about me trolling you. I never trolled you, I just made digs at you.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If by 'debates they want' you mean debates with logic, reasoning, evidence and support, then sure, that's what they are trying to do.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I will debate when I feel like it, is my point, but reading carefully was never your strong suit. Nor most of the people here.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Okey dokey