1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would your ideal political party be like?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pirc1, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

No, the republicans support "free trade" with abusive governments like China, don't want to raise the minimum wage, and many of them want to eliminate the earned income tax credit, medicare, and medicaid.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Socially Liberal <> Spending lots of $$ on Social Programs.

Social Liberalism means more freedom for the people. Less laws that legislate "morality".

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I suppose we're all defining morality differently. But our government is founded on principles that are certain inalienable rights which are given to us by our Creator. I'm not getting into the God part. I just hear people say over and over again that they don't think the government should be concerned with morality. Then they scream their heads off about perceived injustices because what those guys are doing is, "just wrong!!!" You can't have that both ways. I hear this little mantra over and over again from liberal professors who would then shout out loud about the immorality of this country's policies before the New Deal.

You can't say, "I don't want your morality affecting policy...I just want my sense of morality affecting policy." You can't in a democracy or a republic, anyway. ALL of our impressions are founded on some sense of our own perception of right and wrong. They just are. And that's the very definition of morality.