1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you do if Yao does not join the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrbasketball, Sep 14, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Shanghai_noon

Shanghai_noon Member

In that case,I will quit my Chinese citizenship.

2. yin

yin Member

Things seems not so bad. At least Yao is still more optimistic. From a recent report from a Chinese-America (9/13/02), Who interviewed him during world Championship games, Yao schedualed to come to Houston on about Aug. 20. His mother will come 2 weeks early before Yao arrivel to have some preparation (I guess, maybe rent a house or apt, buy a car, find a interpreter,...). Eric Zhang will also come ahead of Yao's arrival. Yao said he just want to live a life like an average person and don't like to stand out, and he'll concentrate all his energy on the traning and games, and leave other stuffes to Eric.

If realy Yao couldn't come to here, I think someone from Rocket team must be fired. What are they doing now? It seems they just say to Chronicle there's no issue with Rocket, what they can do is just sending out a letter and wait for the reply . Did they know why CBA delay Yao's signing? Did they seek some free and helpful advices from some persons with experience dealing with CBA or similar China big company? If Macdonald can expand drasmaticly in China, Why Rocket couldn't get only one person, Yao?

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

What a difference a year makes....

Last summer everyone was excited about drafting EG and the acquisition of Rice (present company excluded). Other than the pro and con Olajuwon battle, the major topics included what spot the Rockets would get in the playoffs.

Given that (barring injury) the Rockets are a good team and very capable of a playoff run, I for one won't miss a beat if Yao doesn't play this season. IMHO, a little ball movement, some team D and an effort by Cato and voila - playoff basketball in Houston.

Imagine for a moment the Rockets made the playoffs last year. No Lotto pick and likely no pick better than Boki (and the other mid first likely given to Memphis).

C'mon folks...let's lighten up and get ready for a much improved Rockets...with or without Yao Ming!

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

But the difference with and without Ming would be striking. Without Ming I think we have a good chance to make the playoffs, with Ming I say we could be close to a lock. Having Ming adds depth, improves our defense big time, gives us another option down low, meaning teams can't double up on Mo and Griffin, gives us another shot-blocker, a quality center, and another potential future superstar. While this team would win, and we have a lot of talent, it would be a major blow. Ming could be one of the elite centers for years to come.

5. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I'll CANCEL my DIRECTV league pass!!:( :cool:

6. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Yao Ming's a comin' stop worrying!:rolleyes: :D

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If the CBA closes the door on Yao Ming becoming a Houston Rocket, then they and China will be in disgrace! It will be an indication to the West that China has not moved as far out of the dark times, as we in the West have been hoping for! David Stern of the NBA should send back the two Chinese Players ,to China and refuse along with FIBA, for Chinese players to play any games internationally.This Saction would be imposed till China(CBA) made a declaration of an open polity to international transfers through FIBA.
    In no way does China or the CBA want this to happen. This Summer the CBA and the Sharks are giving up their 'Pride and Joy" and they have not gotten it all sown up, just like they wanted it.They have to rely on words of promise and statements of confirmation rather than documentation.Resulting in a go slow policy, everything will be done, not as we want it, only as they think fit!They are a little mad about the fact that they have been unable to control Wang Zhi Zhi, this seems to only add to their snail like pace of keeping their promise to the Rox.Alls well that ends well, we already have experience of this, at Draft time, when the release was only executed barely with a day to spare.China wants its name in the Positive Headlines and is seeking closer relationships in the West, so dont be surprised if Political pressure is exerted on the CBA to complete the deal...Welcome Yao Ming we cant hardly wait for you to get here,come as quickly as you can!

8. leehoang

leehoang Member

if yao didn't join. that would really suck.

cause it wouldn't been a waste of a #1 draft pick for sure.

9. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

It would suck more than anything has ever sucked before... :eek:

10. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

I'm going to Disneyland.

11. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Worst comes to worst, we send in Delta Force to China, kidnap Yao, bring him to Houston, and file for defection on his behalf. Oh, and we give him a new girlfriend to make him feel better. :p

12. fwang

fwang Member

CBA hided Yao Ming in the desert before the American Delta Force arrived. Americans, upon arrival, realized they were trapped by the Chinese forces on the desert, decided to retreat, only to had two of its helicopters crashed in the desert, killing 12 troopers.

Mission Failed!

Houstonians, learning the sad news, decided never to watch the basketball games anymore.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think clutchcity should form its own Keystone Kops Delta Force. Commander Clutch, Major Balke, Lts Kagy, Will, and HeyP. Hell, I'd be there; I was in the military, I'm weapons qualified, let's go, LET'S ROCK!!!

FREE YAO NOW.