1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what would of gave us a better chance at a threepeat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cuneo77, Oct 14, 2003.

1. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

i forgot if thorpe was a free agent after the 95 campaign but assumin he wasnt and portland dealt him to the pistons,here it goes :

we keep "the super 6" of the 95 run :
    dream
    clyde
    horry
    elie
    kenny
    sam
    then we should of traded chuckie brown,
    and vernon maxwell (instead of waving him),
    to the blazers to get o.t. back . we also would of got bryant as a free agent also. so thatd be a lineup of

thorpe
    horry
    hakeem
    smith
    drexler
    bench= sam,mario, bryant, and the rest of em. if that failed then go for barkley ( which i loved that 97 team and was for the trade ) but with ot back we would have had a better shot at perhaps beating the sonics. remember with ot we took them 7 games add drexler,that push us over the hump.

2. Alirules

Alirules Member

we couldn't 3 peat because the Bulls that year had a 72-10 record. Maybe if we went after Bakley in the begining of the 96 year we mightve been able to beat the big bad bulls

3. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

a third championship

4. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Last time I checked, we didn't lose to the Bulls. And, again, the last time I checked, regular season records don't amount to anything besides homecourt advantage in the playoffs.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think Cassell had it right. If We did not do the Barkley Trade and Just picked up Willis . . .we'd have been better longer.

Rocket River

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I think Cassell had it right. If We did not do the Barkley Trade and Just picked up Willis . . .we'd have been better longer.

Rocket River

I agree 100%!!!!!!!