1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take to put us in the same category as Golden State?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tha_Dude, May 20, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Reality is probably nothing within the realm of feasibility.

Just have to decide for yourself whether you can still enjoy the league and the rockets without the end result being a championship

Richie_Rich and Houstunna like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah the "same state" category.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thats one helluva trick to pull but i think its worth a shot. better than watchign ryan anderson avg 9ppg in the playoffs while shooting under 30% from three.

dd copyrights his posts. maybe he knows a thing or two about legal sht. show us how its done dd.

rb

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Add either George/Kahwi/Butler and Deandre.

We need a really good perimeter scorer-defender and a strong inside defensive-rebounding presence.

Harden would also need the clutch-gene added to his repertoire.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Reality is we need a better GM than the greasy triple chinned Maury

A GM who can pick all star players late in the draft like Draymond Green. Hate him or like him and i absolutely loathe Draymond, he is the guy that keeps GSW together and prevents all their egos from clashing

A GM who values players like Livingston and doesnt get rid of him just because he cant shoot the 3

A GM who can find you a Kawhi, or a Butler or a Marc Gasol or Green late in the draft. Not a GM who gives you Mook Morris and Samuel Dekker and Royce White

Chanmarr likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Morey also gave us Clint Capela and he did find Parsons in the 2nd round

a ton of teams passed on guys like Draymond, Butler, and Green

#26 Reeko, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Williamson and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

If we swapped Coach Dtoni with Coach Pop and bring Kawhi over. Add a Paul George or Anthony davis. It would get really interesting.

Truth is Lebron is going to get older and Golden state will struggle to keep all their pieces. GS will have to pick only one of these 3 to remain. Iggy/Livingston/Ian Clark. Then Green and Klay Contract will be coming up soon, only can keep one there too.

I'm more interesting in the next up and coming team. Could it be Bucks? or 76ers?

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Not quit would be a start

rocketman84 and Houstunna like this.
  9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Harden would need a heart transplant.

rocketman84 and Chanmarr like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Really, just go give a look to the Warriors cap situation, it's not that great, i'm sure they will keep Durant obviously, but between him, Curry, Green and Klay (who will be expired in two years, and i'm not sure they will be able to keep him regardless of their cap situation) they're going to have 90/100M on 4 players.

And no bird rights for Durant, they need to sign him before they go over the cap which may require them to renounce to at least one between Zaza, Iguodala and Livingston...personally i expect Iggy to stay for cheap at this point, and Livingston to leave looking for the money, they also have McCaw who should somehow take his place in the rotations...not sure about Zaza, he may also ask more money, especially if they're going to win.

I mean, their starting 5 is goign to be amazing regardless, even if they will play West as their starting 5, but there's a good chance that their bench will be pretty ass going forward, and we'll se what happens with Klay, might be a good idea to trade him for a good young player on a cheap contract.

11. RocketsFan92

RocketsFan92 Member

We gonna need Ryan Bowen

Jontro likes this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Also aaron brooks was late 1st round and looked fantastic pre injury

Patience and Reeko like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Some D-Mo ass sweat will do the trick!

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

*ignores obviously huge difference in talent*

"Harden just needs to stop being so lazy!"

Cash Cam likes this.
  15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Morey also passed on Kwahi Leonard.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Curse of the MIP

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its just not going to happen. You can't run your team reactionary and trying to constantly thinking "If we just get this star, or that star".

You can constantly keep going after big fish, or you can learn from teams like the 2011 Mavs, etc. to just focus on continuing to improve the system & support players around your star player. Then you never know when you'll get a break one year like the Mavs did. Some would say the Rockets had a two year window in the 90's that allowed them to get two titles around Hakeem.

No Harden is not Hakeem, but he's the star we have that is proven and has only a few more years left in his prime. Rather than doing something stupid I say worry about the Rockets, and make some tweaks to the roster. Maybe look to add a Millsap if you can get him, but don't go do something stupid like trading half the roster for Melo and trying to lure Durant in the offseason.... that is a pipe dream, and can ruin the window you do have with Harden.

Patience likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup but the Mavs are hardly a dynasty. They are just a One Hit Wonder. I do not think many teams would want to go that route.

They had couple of Pejas that were to retire any way. Dirk played out of his mind also.

The Harden fans can keep him, I dun mind him for another couple of years, not that I put too much hope on his strong willed mind!

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

as did plenty of other teams...Indiana traded the draft rights to Kawhi away for George Hill

a lot of fanbases are crying that their GM passed on Kawhi...Morey isn't special in that regard

looking at some of the names that went before him in that draft: Kanter, both Morris twins, Jan Vesely, Derrick Williams, Biyombo, Jimmer Freddette, Brandon Knight, Alec Burks

a lot of GM's f*cked up in that draft

Williamson likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

From 01 to 2011 I think the Mavs season average in regular season wins was 58 or something close to that. That puts you in a good playoff position every year to go deep with homecourt and week first round opponents. You win at the blackjack table by staying at the table as long as you can and knowing when to increase your bets.

The Rockets look set to likely offer James another extension in July adding 4 more years rounding out his prime years in Houston for the foreseeable future.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...y-max-contract-extensions-making-all-nba-team

Morey can choose to have a team that is highlighting the strengths of Harden over the next 4 or 5 seasons or he can go for broke and turn over the roster and risk losing the identity that makes Harden so affective. I personally think you are likely to see a team that is continued to be built like the 16/17 Rockets were, but we will see what happens. The max extension I think will tell us alot if they go for it.

Patience likes this.