1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What would it take to get Tyreke Evans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hemingway, Jan 1, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets next first, I believe, is 2020 (having sent out their 2018)

Meh, I'm good.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

I have to think that someone in the West or top of the East ultimately surrenders a late #1 for Evans.

San Antonio, Houston, OKC and Minnesota all would benefit from him in the West.

Vivi and bilaal14 like this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Send as many 3rd rounders as it takes

BallSoHarden and J.R. like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.

It would have to be the 2020 #1 for the Rockets to trade one of their own #1's to get Evans.

I have never been a big fan of Evans. However he has shoot the 3 well this year.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Our Memphis/charlotte 2nd rd pick is of decent value and could be enough to nab tyreke if say we add cash?

2nd/cash/black for tyreke?

But makes us even more thin at the 5 and tyreke would appear to play the same role as green lantern.

So idk if that’s even worth it

Vivi likes this.
  6. mockster

mockster Member

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Please no one bite, he is huge for me in fantasy!

Sooty likes this.
  8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Rockets will not be giving up any picks this trade deadline. Especially not 1st rounders.

Look for the Rockets to move players and 2nd rounders if anything.

da_juice and BigMaloe like this.
  9. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

I dont understand the tyreke love. He is talented but his skillset does not fit our system. His outside shot is rondoesque. He will be the necessary evil defenses in the playoffs can live with. He also has terrible decision-making, bball IQ is not his strength. it wont take long for the clutchfans to turn on him because he is a 50-50 guy, he can win u games and lose it just as likely.

10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This sounds more like prairie doggin rather than emergence

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey traded away all our picks and now we are left with a Ryan Anderson that no one wants as a trade piece.

12. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

What would be the plan? To abduct Anthony Davis and somehow become the 2015 New Orleans Pelicans?

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

The problem with giving up a 1st rounder here is that you can pretty much say goodbye to any chance of eventually dumping Anderson without gutting the team in the next months.

bilaal14 and da_juice like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It would take a stupid GM

DD

15. jb86

jb86 Member

Evans would have to play at the 1 to be most effective. Thats what we need anyways a backup 1.

16. jb86

jb86 Member

I disagree my dude. Evans would be perfect off the bench at the 1 spot. In playoffs, Chris and James could be able to take a break. He would also be that insurance player just in case somebody gets hurt.

17. mockster

mockster Member

Take Evans for a 2nd rounder, money and a player to fill.

An extra guard that we are missing but also versatile and big enough to play the 3 and even small ball 4 in some cases. Another good ball dribbler and can create for himself.

Not to mention with all these injuries good insurance

jb86 likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Honestly, the Rockets probably have to keep their 2020 1st round pick to potentially use as a sweetener to take Ryan Anderson's contract to move salary for a LeBron type trade in the offseason.

Minny make a ton of sense considering their poor bench depth.

bilaal14 and saleem like this.
  19. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

From what ive seen all year, its the coaching staff who want at least paul or harden on the floor at all times. I think the stats will back me on this, paul and harden play better when not on the floor splitting topdog duties. Its no secret that our guard's greatest strength is to have the ball in their hands and ISO. None of them are offball savants. What ur really just saying is we need a 5 min reliever or insurance. Bottomline PG is not a need not for this system and not for what our plans are for these all stars. Were better off trying to get another big coz black and RA are tough to trust right now.

20. jb86

jb86 Member

The beauty of getting Tyreke Evans
    The beauty of getting Tyreke Evans is that he can play the 1,2, and 3. As far as getting a big, I would go after Kenneth Faried. He can rebound really well.