1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would happen if DMO gets 21 postups shots a game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amazingskills, Dec 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

You must be very young if you believe that D-Mo is or has the potential to be anywhere near Hakeem's production. And Smith got his touches because he was extremely active on the ball, whether it was rebounding, put backs, blocked/altered shots, rolling to the basket, creating second chance opportunities all over the floor. Smith made all our bigs look like they were nailed to the floor. He was everywhere and doing everything.

2. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

you must be out of arguments ideas and imagination to provide meaningful answers to the real issues (on topic) of this thread when you instead choose to respond to one of my casual thoughts which was only incidental to another of my causual thoughts (ie that we dont know the future) in response to others who were also lacking ideas and instead focused on alleged hidden agendas of the thread...

btw I widened a bit my list of possible explanations of dynamics besides dmo not getting touches he deserves and everyone knows he deserves and is one of the most efficent offensive options of rockets ( see under 4 i am citing the whole list for the sake of others)

As of today my opinion per DMO is:

1. Rockets are either hiding him (from trade suitors in upcoming trade) or

2. Preventing his development and media exposure in order to extend him for much less than he is worth...

3. Either that or they are afraid of Dwight leaving after next year if DMO is allowed to shine and to become the main post player of the rockets...

4 . DMO didnt learned to be assertive yet and become one of the alphas of the group...or perhaps he is cunning about it and is advancing in a slow, clever and unobtrusive manner perhaps waiting for another injuries ridden period

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL. Not only are you a BB neophyte but English must not be your first language. One tip and I'll let you go, brevity and clarity are always better than exposition.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

5. Marc Gasol and the Grizz frontline had a lot to do with it. DMo missed some post attempts and struggled with rebounding the ball.

In the endgame, McHale decided to go with Smith and Howard.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I'm sorry... But did I just read that you think DMo could be better than Hakeem (amazingskills)??? DMo could be given unlimited touches and he would never be in the same remote area as Hakeem.

I have watched a lot of basketball and even had the opportunity to watch Hakeem play in person (as I'm sure most of you have)... And I'd wager right now Hakeem still has footwork DMo will never have. It's not possible, DMo doesn't posses the ability to be Hakeem. I think DMo is good, but let's be realistic. Also I don't think for a second Morey would give a damn about hiding DMo if he had some Dream like ability. I mean if DMo could put up 25/10+ with Hakeem's skills, I think Dwight would be gone or benched in favor, because Morey is about winning, not worrying about feelings. The only reason he was getting his production when Dwight was out was because teams weren't focused on him. If he was the number 1 option he wouldn't be putting up consistent numbers.

Anyway, Smith will be starting soon if he continues to play like he did on Friday (especially if you watched It, there was no DMo in OT). And DMo will run the 2nd unit. I know we all get attached to players here because we love the team, but DMo definitely isn't the 2nd coming of Hakeem or anything close.

Again, I think DMo is good, but I'd take Smiths athleticism any day over DMo, especially when he got those offensive rebounds to save the game on Friday, if DMo was in he probably would have let Carter have them...

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, so much this. DMo hasn't played well against big front courts, and if Z Bo were playing it'd be even more obvious. I really think without Smith we'd definitely have lost that game.

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Whoever thinks D-Mo would be better than Scola in the post is kidding themselves. Scola had many moves, the fakes, the footwork, the spins, a lot better hookshot, off the glass work, scoops, lay-ups etc. The only thing D-Mo has on Scola is size, shake move and speed maybe.

8. varughese.arun

D-mo will never be as good as The Dream.

I am a big supporter of D-Mo, but come on guys, you can't compare him to the dream. I won't even try and explain the differences between them two, and just assume that the people that are making those comparisons are young and never saw The Dream play an entire season, or even a one playoff series. Kids, the man was the G.O.A.T!

D-Mo is a SOLID back up center, or a starting 4. Unfortunately, for D-Mo, he doesn't have the natural skills that Smith has to create for himselves. Like Smith did, against Carter, during the last mins of the grizzlies game. Smith also seems to be a better finisher. Smith doesn't need set plays, he can freelance and get the ball into the hoop, (that I think is good and bad).
    I would like to see D-mo being more aggressive, and go towards the basket. Especially, not by relying on only his speed to get from the "3" to the basket, but relying more on his size to bump guys off, and keeping his HEAD UP, while going down the lane.

I firmly support D-Mo staying as a rocket.
    Before being traded,I want to see how he plays for us in the playoffs. He has earned that much! Then, I will have a better idea of his future w the team.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, definitely... Watching Hakeem for multiple seasons/playoffs made me witness how spoiled we were. Don't get me wrong, the current team is great, but Hakeem was one of a kind.

10. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

you still think this is a bad idea?

11. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

wrong, DMO played well and was a key for us winning aginst griz in the 2nd meeting...

12. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

youre tottaly off the target.. nobodys comparing dmo to hakeem... you just have nothing substantial to add to topic so you re nitpicking and thus avoiding the real arguments...

13. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

still no arguments and derailing the thread?

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

These conspiracy theories are hilarious.

15. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Which conspiracy theories?