1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would happen if DMO gets 21 postups shots a game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amazingskills, Dec 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

21 shots, that's a lot of shots.

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

If you play role players enough you'll find out why they're role players.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Not if you're the only low post scorer that game. And not if you're the #2 scorer on the team that night either.

4. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

DMo is more talented than a role player. He could be our second best player SOON:p

5. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Yep, it's difficult to guarantee a post player that many shots - *EXHAUSTING*. Shaq has only averaged >21 shots per game once in his career to give you some perspective. We'd be putting him at risk for injury.

6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Shaq described how to get around 20 shots a game as a big man

5 post ups
    5 pnr
    5 put backs
    5 duck in the lanes

Essentially, plenty of activity for a big man to end up with 20 shots, doesn't have to be all post ups

7. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Thank you for your responses dear bros,

This thread was not intended to bash Smith...and I am not a DMO only fan in no way... I was even kinda 'defending' Smith in other threads. I like his addition I even like he took so many shots and I liked it even when he didn’t give the ball to Harden when he thought he had an opportunity for a better finish...

The only reason I placed no 21 in title is his 21 shots game occured when I thought dmo isn’t getting post touches (despite showing his excellence) because there is no enough touches to go around, and suddenly a new player comes and he gets all the touches in the world. So I just stuck that number in the title of the thread whose true agenda is exploration of teams dynamics and widening of my basketball horizons in general...its not an anti smith thread I like smith...

You follow your basketball team and you think you understand a few things but some things resist your understanding no matter what and you are simply baffled with some of the moves of the coaches and management that you cant believe they are same people who pulled some other moves etc.

So its either these people are not very bright sometimes or they have higher priorities and more complicated goals or multiple goals...

So I like to see what is it that leads them to such seemingly contradictory moves......

I like to explore things and too see what is the true dynamics between players, coaches, GM, owner etc.. its very interesting like some mythical mystical world or whatever...and some people love mysteries and love to uncover them...

Some puzzling mysteries in the past and even now is why Harden didn’t play D, how owner GM and Mc Hale tolerate so many isos earlier, was it their own incompetence or incompetence of coach... or perhaps this was their own instruction to Harden in order for him to get as much as possible practice, to make him a kobelike star attractive to media and to make him a star referees will respect, to make him score more and thus get media attention and it equals money etc.

In the same way I was wondering why no post touches to dmo who is best post player I watched lately......surely much better than Howard, best center in the NBA who i also love much especially his post game, so no this is not anti-dwight thread.

This thread is simply to inspire my own writing and thinking in general and particularly thinking on team dynamics topic. And who better to ask for advice and inspiration than you maniacal basketball lovers:

As of today my opinion per DMO is:

1. Rockets are either hiding him (from trade suitors in upcoming trade) or

2. Preventing his development and media exposure in order to extend him for much less than he is worth...

3. Either that or they are afraid of Dwight leaving after next year if DMO is allowed to shine and to become the main post player of the rockets...

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Hakeem only average 21 shots a game twice in his career. You guys have gone full r****d.

9. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Yeah but perhaps there will be players that will be better than Hakeem was, and thus they might be eligible to take more shots...hakeem has also had taken a lot more postups than 3s if I am not mistaken...

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There has never been a post player better than hakeem during the seasons he averaged 21 attempts and if one were to come along, it definitely wouldn't be D-mo.

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Also, Smith didn't get 21 posts ups or 21 plays drawn up for him. So the topic in general is irrelevant and does nothing but complain about touches. Certain people prejudged that Sith would hurt Dmo, now the flood of posts start justifying that thought without actually showing Smith hurt Dmo directly.

Also it ignores the fact that for most of the game with Dwights foul trouble, Dmo would have had to go against and defend Marc Gasol.

Now if Dmo starts on the bench as the 6th man he can be a second or first option on the floor and get more touches. Rather than being part of the starting 5, he can be the core guy with the second unit.

Also Smith didn't get his 21 shots all from posts up, or a play being drawn up for him.

12. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Amzing isn't it. We are talking about a player at the level of Smith, and the response is some idiot comparing him to a once in a generation player like Hakeem.

Duh, off course Hakeem was more efficient that Josh Smith.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If Patrick Beverley took 21 3s a game he'd be challenging Harden for the scoring title.

Stupid thread.

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

This is true, watch the highlights video and see a representative sample of how Smith was getting the ball and taking shots.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KRvnTBp8V30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

He would be the best 2-way low post player in the league imo.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This. Force feeding the ball into the post 20 times would be a disaster, and elite defenses would shut it down quick.

DMo is excellent at post ups, and will occasionally get an offensive rebound/putback or two, but is not a good PNR player or a good finisher in traffic. Although when Dwight was out he had some games where he shot 14 times or so.

Smith got so many shots because he can handle the ball and create for himself, and can create offense in transition.

17. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I see where you are going, but dmo can't sustain that kind of usage. I'm not sure if he's not in good shape or he is just hustling his rump off, but the man is usually huffing and puffing nonetheless.

18. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Racist thread is racist.

19. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

You dont know that...perhaps dmo will achieve things greater than Hakeem...perhaps he will be better than him in the post...perhaps hell be the best of all times...flex your mind bro... dont live in the past and the patterns of the past...different players will have different development curves and the basketball is changing...world is changing everybodys changing every moment...nobody can tell what will hapen tomorrow or what will hapen the next game...

at the end of the day...dmo post up is more effective play than ariza harden and jsmoove chucking threes over defenders hands... be intelligent run some efficient plays for gods sake...who cares how much shots jordan take or did teams who win championships always had or didnt have skillfull playmaker at PG position......if dmo postup is efective go to him every single possesion...every situation is different and hakeems team surely played some smart plays instead of just blindly chuking 3s every other possesion...

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Euro lovers are Euro lovers.

;)