1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would happen if DMO gets 21 postups shots a game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amazingskills, Dec 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

thank you. All personal fan agendas should give way, indeed. But they won't. Even if we have the best record in the league, fans will still do this, because they want to continue arguing that they are right from some past agenda.

What will happen is when one guy has a great game, they people arguing for him will start thread; then the other guy has a great game, and his fans will start "told you so" threads...and on and on and on.

Role players by definition will not have good games every game. Why argue about it?

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

What were your thoughts about the '14 playoff series?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We lost.

DD

4. Progs

Progs Member

Yes, you are right. My mistake.

5. craguin

craguin Member

No, Progs; you were right. Look at the timestamp on the picture and read the play-by-play from the 1st quarter:

1st Quarter:
    Beverley 3pt Shot: Made (3 PTS) Assist: Harden (1 AST) 08:42
    [HOU 6-8]

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, you're right... But I think he was referring to the fact that Dwight played a great series offensively when he got touches.

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I feel DMO needs to post up more and Howard less. Just tell Howard to get the rebounds around the basket. Clean up around the rim sort of speak.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on matchups. Both Dwight and DMo didn't start out great with the post ups, so they stopped getting touches.

Both Dwight and DMo can get it going in the post, and when they do, we should feed them.

9. craguin

craguin Member

Huh?

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Oops, my bad, it was in the 2nd quarter where he got a couple of opportunities and didn't convert. Still, I can't remember him being in good position a lot that game.

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

I was, but I just moved on. Some disagreements are not necessary to butt heads with. It is not worth the time. Just agree to disagree and move on.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dwight did play great in the Portland series, the problem is he doesn't play with consistency, and sometimes fades, I don't think he is a superstar, just a star player - too inconsistent overall.

DD

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

15. craguin

craguin Member

D-Mo's first shot in the 2nd quarter was a missed hook over Prince that went in-and-out. He should get that touch every time on a mismatch. [Motiejunas Turnaround Jump Shot: Missed 08:38]

D-Mo's second shot in the 2nd quarter was a missed face up jumper on the baseline. Koufos was on Beverley at the 3-point line and Bev couldn't make the entry pass to Dwight, who had Prince sealed underneath the basket. Ball swung around from Bev to Ariza to D-Mo for the missed open shot. [Motiejunas Jump Shot: Missed 08:18]

In the 3rd quarter, D-Mo made a lazy inbound pass to Bev. [Motiejunas Turnover : Bad Pass (1 TO) Steal:Conley (1 ST) 10:50]

Next posession, Bev has a chance to make a quick pass to D-Mo in the paint, but decides to take a few dribbles into a step back 3. Who knows, maybe Bev is a little miffed about the previous TO? Anyhow, D-Mo is in position to clean up the missed Bev 3.

[​IMG]

Beverley 3pt Shot: Missed 10:34
    Motiejunas Rebound (Off:1 Def:1) 10:32
    Motiejunas Layup Shot: Made (4 PTS) 10:31 [HOU 58-61]

Beverley makes up for it on the next play with the easy entry pass to D-Mo from the right corner. Unfortunately, Leuer was called for the foul before the shot and they have to inbound the ball from the side. [10:08 Leuer Foul: Personal (1 PF)]

[​IMG]

Next play, D-Mo is out in transition but Ariza doesn't see him (?) and decides to pass it Harden who is posting up Conley on the left side, but turns it over. [Ariza Turnover : Bad Pass (1 TO) Steal:Conley (2 ST) 09:34, Ariza Foul: Personal (1 PF)].

[​IMG]

Next possession, Harden gets the ball to D-Mo, but he gets double teamed by Allen and tries to force a shot going across the lane. [Motiejunas Turnover : Out of Bounds Lost Ball Turnover (2 TO) 09:00]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later in the 3rd quarter, Beverley throws it over D-Mo's hand. [Beverley Turnover : Bad Pass (1 TO) 06:49]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next play, Bev thought about an entry pass to D-Mo, but hands the ball to Ariza who passes over Conley. Ariza cuts across for the give-and-go from D-Mo. [Ariza Free Throw 2 of 2 (12 PTS) 06:15 [HOU 64-70] ]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. YallMean

YallMean Member

He won't. He doesn't have that green light from the coach and his teammates.

The thing about smith is that he can take the ball from high post in a couple of strides to the rack. DMO will never be able to do that. I don't mind Smith being aggressive like that.
    He will learn to pass to Harden at the clutch time because if he didn't he would get a earful of shouts from everybody.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

I was surprised when I saw that Smith had 21 shots. While watching the game, for the most part I thought he did a good job of playing as part of our team and brought a lot to the table.

It is funny how much his reputation has tarnished his play though. I watched the game at a sports bar with a lot of other Rockets fans. He didn't take very many jump shots, but just about every one he did take there were people there who were would groan or yell at the tv for him not to take it. I expect we will see that a lot this season, even if he does a good job fitting into our team it will take a long time for him to kick that reputation

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guys - having a 7 footer with a post game is incredibly valuable. We really should get him the ball more and keep him developing. I can see the day he becomes a top 10 center in the league not being all that far off.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I had thought I remembered a time or two where DMo was trying to get position but they just didn't pass him the ball, but I might have been mistaken.

The fact that Howard only got up 4 FGA as well continues to highlight the poor post entry passing ability of our team.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think anybody in today's NBA has done that....

If he is hitting a good percentage, he would be double teamed and he cannot continue to do that, he has to kick out more

Whether it is post game or face up game.... the result is the same: 2 points and sometimes the face up game results in 3 pointers

People are daydreaming too much