1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would be a successful season for the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Madeinchin4, Mar 14, 2018.

?

What would be a successful season for the Rockets this season?

1. Winning the Championship

2. Losing in the Finals

3. Losing in the Western Conference

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Harden and CP3 raising the Larry O’brien and screaming "H-Town, this is for you!!"

vlaurelio, hieuytran and Mazulis like this.
  2. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

KD 26.6
    Steph 26.3
    Klay 19.7
    Dray 11.2
    ZaZa 5.8
    total 89.6

Harden 31
    Paul 18.8
    Ariza 12.1
    Capela 14.1
    Ryan 10
    total 86

our starters are only 3 points behind theirs.. and we have Eric Gordon, Green, Luc, PJ, Nene and JJ of the bench... if you look at our offense it does stack pretty well with theres...

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree - it would be such a let down to beat the Warriors and lose in the finals. That said, I don't think that's a likely outcome

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stopped by to see if there were any "signing DMo" comments :rolleyes:

aroundtheblock2 and topfive like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Before the season, I would have said a WCF appearance would make a successful season.

Now I'm greedy AF. I want it all and don't see any reason we can't do it.

Deuce likes this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I said winning the championship, but losing in the WCF to the Warriors wouldn't make it a failure. The Warriors are clearly coasting this year. Whether they can flip the switch remains to be seen, but their top 4 are so far ahead of anyone else's top 4 it's not even fair. Rockets wouldn't stand a chance if they get back to the level they were at last year when they swept the entire western conference.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

We got to at least make the finals. And no team out East really scares me, which means we have to at least win it all. But as long as we don’t have any ending like we did last year against SA. I won’t complain. I pod for game six tickets. And i need that money back.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I REALLY want seven games if we must lose.

Give the Warriors maximum doubt, then upgrade '05 Game 7.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My Rockets preseason prediction for the season was: 58 wins, 2nd seed in the West and reach the Western Conference Finals.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's easy to say "championship or bust!" at this moment in time.

But right after we got CP3, I thought reaching the WCF and taking the Warriors to the limit in a game 7 OT thriller where Durant or Curry makes the final shot to win, would have been a good accomplishment.

kjayp likes this.
  11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Agreed. If there ever were a "Championship or Bust" season...this would be the one. Rockets have done too well this season not to win it all.

12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

CP3 will also be another year older and worse, the Rockets will have had an AMAZING season to fall short (yet again). It is emotionally, mentally and physically taxing to have to come back (again) next season and grind out another great year to win it all.

The time to win it all is this year with this current roster. I would really hate to see Harden and CP3 and the rest of the roster have such a stellar season together and not win it. This squad is primed to win it now. If they can't win it this year, I find it hard to fathom this cast (with CP3) will ever win it.

The mission and focus and FORCE is strong with this current team this year. The only way to finish it is to keep fighting and win the ring in the end. Then the Rockets can tank next season for all I care because this ring would be so satisfying...much like the Astros' ring.

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

It's gotta be WAY more than that with this year's Rockets team. They are too good not to win it all now....and they kinda "have to" in my opinion given the success and identity and focus.

14. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I really don't think it's "greedy" to expect/want the Rockets to win it all this year. The Rockets have exceeded expectations EVEN with the CP3 signing. No one thought they would become a historic team this year in their own right.

That year when the Warriors lost after going 73-9...I'm sure was a bit discouraging....but it was ALSO AFTER they had just won their first ring together. Over the summer KD signed with them (couldn't possibly ask for a better piece to add) and they won it right away.

This is that "73-9" historic season the Rockets are having now. You can't climb to the mountain top but fall back off right before walking up the steps to the apex.....that is just too much.

They need win it this year or it would be a massive disappointment (not only for us) for CP3 and Harden and the team I'm sure. CP3 joined the Rockets with ONE thing in mind..to win the ring. Harden wants to win.

They are ready.....they just needs to capitalize in the postseason and get it done. They are certainly good enough to beat any team 4 times.....just need to go out and do it.....be in the now.......not next season.

Jake Tower and topfive like this.
  15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

The recipe for EVERY game in the playoffs is to grind or jump out to an early 7-9 point lead and then sustain the defensive intensity to build on that lead through mid-4th........That doesnt' seem unrealistic for this year's Rockets.

That would alleviate some pressure in playoff intensity games and also build confidence throughout the playoffs at the same time.

Every miss or steal that the Rockets capitalize on helps the momentum in their favor...as evidenced in their games this year. Just get a 7-9 point lead going into the half each playoff game....that would bode very well in my opinion.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If we were to lose in the WCF to GSW in 6 or 7 games... seeing as its CP3s first season as a Rocket - I'd consider that a successful season and something to build on...

Obviously the hope is for more... but I couldnt b**** too much if we play well but come up just short in the WCF...

Madeinchin4 likes this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Nothing short of losing in game 7 in the WCF to the Warriors only. Anything else will be a massive disappointment. I can't imagine beating the Warriors and making it to the Finals and losing to the Celtics, Raptors or Cavs. I'd lose my ****. How pathetic would that be?

18. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

At least win it all, sure -- but the best (and most likely) thing would be to cause the human race to abandon competitive basketball forever out of sheer shock and awe at the Rox' total domination in the playoffs this year, after which they will be crowned Eternal Champions, and basketball will henceforth be conducted as a sacred ritual in their honor, with blood sacrifices etc.

HTown_TMac likes this.
  19. Nivos

Nivos Member

We are hungry!
    Enough with the appetizers

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

go for broke, F finishing 2nd place