1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will the Texans record be this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Plowman, Jul 27, 2014.

?

What will the Texans record be this year?

1. 2-14

2.8%
  2. 3-13

1.4%
  3. 4-12

6.4%
  4. 5-11

6.0%
  5. 6-10

14.6%
  6. 7-9

14.9%
  7. 8-8

13.2%
  8. 9-7

21.0%
  9. 10-6

14.9%
  10. 11-5 or better

4.6%
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's news that our offense would suck without AJ and Foster out there?

The same goes with our D without Cushing and Joseph. Everyone is freaking out over a limited sample size and 4 core players out of the lineup. Seems legit.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

While I agree with you that they are 4 core players that we definitely need to fill some major holes. Cushing and Joseph might have helped the secondary, we didn't really need Cushing for run defense as that was pretty awesome already.

Arian would have helped our run game, but it actually didn't look all that bad, Im kinda excited about Blue.

Of course we needed AJ as a target, but with the way our guys were throwing, not sure he would have had an opportunity to make any catches.

Still cant wait til next week, needed to get a lot of jitters out in that game.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not freaking out...I thought it was a bad team to begin with, unfortunately.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Cushing helps our coverage as well.

Another player we were missing was Brandon Brooks, Alex Kupper was the sole weak link on the starting O line and if we'd penciled in either Brooks or XSF that starting O line would have been beastly....of course that highlights just how horrible Fitz played even more. I look forward to Saturday giving us a better look and hopefully they yank Fitz if he starts out anywhere near as bad as he was last week so that Keenum can get some burn with the 1's.

5. Remii

Remii Member

You do know Arizona didn't have all of their starters playing either right...??? Their best WR didn't play (Floyd) and we have no one that can cover him one on one. That's a very good team. They can win the NFC this year so getting beat by them is nothing to be ashamed of. Just how the Texans played is what we should be ashamed of.

Speaking of the Atlanta game... I can only imagine what this board will look like if the Texans have another poor performance and TJ Yates goes off for Atlanta.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Stand by 6-10 with Case being the QB for half of those wins toward the end of the season.

Fitz won't last past Thanksgiving.

#126 REEKO_HTOWN, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Injuries are going to happen during the season. Successful teams are able to cope with that. Other players have to step up. But the Texans have ****ty depth. We pretty much already know that if we have a player go down, and it's likely that at least one will, that nobody is going to be able to pick up the slack.

Past that, it's not just about the players that were out. Their 2's outplayed our 2's and their 3's outplayed our 3's on both sides of the ball. Hell, at points their 2's were outplaying our 1's. I think the problem is deeper than simply having a few players not playing.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Take out 5 or 6 key players on any team and that team would struggle no matter who they are.

9. Nook

Nook Member

5-11.....

Clowney will spend more time standing on the sidelines than on the field.

Cushing won't be the same player.

Uncle Bob will trot out crap about "battle fight" and how he is proud of this team and "we will get em' next year!" and the fans will buy it because Houston loves football......

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Ok, so 9-7 has dropped to 20%

11. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

We don't a cupcake schedule, but we don't face a single tier 1 QB (Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, Brees) in the regular season either.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we break Schaub in half in week number 2, which will set the tone for the rest of the season.

An optimistic, if not fluky, 10-6.

12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I hope so. We are going to get rolled by Washington so it would be nice to be at least 1-1. I still think Schuab is going to pick this secondary apart. The key is getting enough penetration to take him down before he can throw the ball. That depends on how Clowney adapts to LB and if we get some decent NT and non Watt Defensive End play. Also if we have a decent RB now that tate is gone and Foster is perpetually hurt and if Cush comes back %100. I would say the game is 50-50 at best.

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

10-6 with the cupcake schedule we got

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed

Rocket River
    might start rough but . . . get better

15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

We should of never let go of Matt Schaub. Yes I said it. The problem with us last year was the coaching, the play calls and QB coach. Matt Schaub is better than Fitzpatrick.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Matt McGloin and Derek Carr outplayed Schaub last night, just sayin'

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They did? Wow.

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

3-17 in last 20 regular season games. Sample size good enough?

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

petition to revote again

16-0

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Wheres all those doomsdayers at?