1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will it realistically take for the Rockets to rid themselves of Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jan 1, 2018.

1. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

That may be so, but I think the Anderson slamming is a bit ridiculous considering one of the reasons he was brought here was for making 3 pt shots, and he is one of our top 4. You get what you pay for. The problem I see with Gordon is that even when his 3 ball isn't falling he takes almost 10 a game, even though we all know there other more efficient shooters from behind the arc. I would like to see him work more on ball movement than keeping it himself all the time. He tries to be just like Harden with the ISO ball, yet isn't as good at 3pt shots, and isn't near as good at drawing intentional fouls when driving to the rim. Part of that may be that he is actually trying to take shots instead of skillfully taking advantage of a defender's arm to throw up his arms and draw fouls like Harden does.

Now is the time we need to rely more on Chris, Ariza, and Anderson to take more 3's, and Gordon to do his best at moving the ball around to the open man more instead of taking so many shots himself, because our team is best when we do that. His assist level needs to come up dramatically with Harden out. What worries me most is that Harden is the best we have at getting the alley oops to Clint high above the rim. He doesn't do as well coming up with a little bounce pass inside when surrounded by defenders, and I hope Eric and Chris will work hard on getting that ball up high to Clint more with James out.

2. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

I honestly don't know how you think we can afford LeBron. We already gave up our 1st and 2nd round draft picks in Dekker and Harrell, Beverley, Wiltjer, Brewer, Lou Williams, etc.. to get Chris Paul. To get LeBron we would have to give up Clint, Gordon and Ariza, and get some scrub centers and bench players to fill in around the big 3. I personally want to see the rise and growth of Clint right here in Houston, and Ariza is one my favorite players. We already lost one scrappy defender in Bev, and I sure don't want to lose all future young players to aging legends with a skeleton defense around them.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Anderson been getting good looks and he just need to have the balls to shoot them and make at a better rate than 27% for the last 10 games. Last 10 games he's only scoring 7 a game. For eating 1/5th of our cap he needs to score 20 a game.

CP3 needs to be the playmaker and taking 3s if thats what the defense gives him. He needs to up his assists to around 15 a game and is scoring fine at 15 a game. Prolly run alot mote PnR with Capela/Black/Nene.

EGo needs to continue shooting 3s for the past 10 games he's been shooting 40%. He also need to be aggressive driving to the basket. You don't want him to pass more he's real turnover prone these past 10 games he's been turning the ball over twice per assist.

I rather trust Ariza to pass more he has alot better ATO% than Gordon. And ariza been averaging 15 a game at 40% from three lately I'm not gonna put it against him if he's not able to up it to 20 a game.

Everyone else needs to chip in here and there.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Bird's rights, Rockets have CP3's, Ariza's, and Capela's, Jordan wants to come here discounted as well. Make no mistake, there will be enough space for LeBron, and it really is as simple as dumping/stretching Anderson. Enough contracts come up for it to work.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I simply don't see then why we had to give up so much for CP3, and yet you think all we need to do is get rid of Anderson for LeBron. Don't buy it for a minute. Besides, I can hear it now in these forums.... comments of discrimination or that CP3 and Harden wanted an all black team if they get rid of the last of the white boys left, since they already got rid of all the other Caucasians that played on the team that weren't Asian.

6. vlaurelio

LOL wut???

Now I understand why you have so much hatred and bitterness towards harden

Lin, Portions, Asik, DMO, Dekker weren't gonna give us a chip

and tRAsh too if he doesn't grow a new pair of balls fast

bilaal14 likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

A lot of luck and prayers.

Not necessarily in that order

amaru and saleem like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You gotta be kidding me! I didn't like Lin and Asik. I did love Bev though, and didn't have any beef with Brewer like most. I also wasn't a Parsons lover. I only get down on Harden when he ISO's too much, takes too much time off the clock, or flails his arms up instead of really even trying to take the shot in the paint. I will be the first to recognize he is the best on our team at getting the ball up high to Clint, and is one of the best at shooting FT's.

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

seeing how bad melo and anderson are i dont know if we're better off or worse by being stuck with anderson.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

anderson is a good player hes just in a slump...dont be seduced by a small sample size

deb4rockets5 likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

All harden did he had to do with the team he was given to get the most wins

Which player could have carried the rockets farther last year?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Lebron perhaps?

13. vlaurelio

Maybe

But lebron had to take 10 games rest only to win 51 games with kyrie and love in the least

Best case for rockets last year with lebron and ra as his 2nd highest paid player would be 50 games in the west 4 or 5th and if they get past the 1 rd theyll. Get. Swept by gasw

ApacheWarrior and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

good thinking

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We will rid ourselves of Anderson when his contract expires.

amaru likes this.
  16. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

I do agree that Ryno often passes up a shot when he hesitates, then throws it right back to Harden like a hot potato. That drives me crazy!!!!!! But you can't just go by past 10 games though. They all go through streaks and slumps, and Gordon is on a better streak for the moment, but hasn't averaged any better for the year. That is why I don't agree with him taking more 3'a than Ariza and Anderson. But, as you say, let Paul do most of the passing since he is much better at it.

#116 deb4rockets5, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

It's not a matter of your belief. It's a matter of the reality of the team's cap space this summer.

18. ak99999

ak99999 Member

He has too many shooting slumps and can not do anything else like defense and rebounds. He must be traded.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The only way someone will take him off our hands is to trade Capela along with him.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think that'll be the case , assuming Morey can land a big fish as a replacement , its the length of that contract that's the problem , I think its easily movable next season as it becomes an asset the following year as an expiring - you could potentially extract an asset from a team looking to create cap space and is also useful to teams like the Rockets operating over the cap , allowing a significant contract to be absorbed in return. Teams just aren't going to want to pay the contract just for the cap purposes .... two years away. Not even rebuilding teams want that contract two years out without significant draft compensation.

I highly doubt he's a Rocket at the end of next season .... opening day 2018 ? Highly Probable.