1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will it realistically take for the Rockets to rid themselves of Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jan 1, 2018.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

That'd be cheap...and IIRC, aren't you the one who proposed Harden for Schroeder and a 1st?

I'll sell you a $100 Amazon GC for $1000?

SIL

Huricane likes this.
  2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Stretching him seems likely. I'm not gonna like watching him the playoffs this year though. Seems it's most likely we ride it out with him one last time.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The OP wants to dump Anderson, implying not having him and using our assets to dump him makes sense.

I disagreed with that.

His trade value in offseason, next offseason, and what have you is irrelevant.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

SIL I never said trade him, i said what is he worth hypothetically. I said 2 first and Shroder, plus they have to throw in some goodies to match the contract. So i was just wondering. Let me guess Lebron James and 3 first. top 5 protected. ??? I wasnt hating on harden one bit.

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What id like to know is does he have limitations offensively or is the game plan for him to only shoot and not drive? He has no spin move, no crossover, no hook shot...heck Dwight freaking Howard is crossing people over and going nuts offensively in a bigger slower body, what gives?

amaru likes this.
  7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Am sorry am I reading this correctly...someone correct me if am wrong, THIS DUDE PUT ANDERSON IN THE SAME SENTENCE WITH KLAY AND CURRY....and he is an elite shooter... dude are you trolling or being sarcastic right now....??? WTF did i just read.

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

In 15-16 He played for a contract. The market was overpriced, and he got bonus salary. Alexander panic once his top 5 free agents were not gonna give houston a look. One these top 5 players you guys keep talking about Melo.

So he spent the money on Ryan. Hes not a bad player consider you have the #1 scoring leader on your team. He became a roll player. This year they added Paul and Tucker. Eric is getting the touches. So now hes completely left out of the offense. So i guess its his fault. Dont care just saying. Maybe paul and him can start working together make it work..

DreamShook and juanm34 like this.
  9. dwhite

dwhite Member

It will only take a first rounder and a scrub or a player on an equally bad contract (a.k.a Noah from Knicks).

10. dwhite

dwhite Member

In all seriousness, the Rockets should consider sending him to the Vipers for a couple of weeks to work on his game and rebuild his lost confidence.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

For this year yeah, but I think most people's point is that his contract is mainly harmful because it hinders us from getting a legit third star. Will depend on who's willing to come her this off-season, I guess.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

The embarrassment for a veteran being sent to the D-League for anything other than injury rehab will probably do worse things to his confidence than any good play at a lower level would do.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. mockster

mockster Member

Ryan Anderson is fine with this team, but if I could trade him for someone else I defiantly would, if it ment that player was a little more versatile in PF position.

My main gripes about Anderson is I Wish he would try a little harder on defense and rebounding if he’s just gonna be totally worthless.

I’m afraid in the playoffs Anderson will be shut down

14. amaru

amaru Member

I think he is trying....he’s just not talented enough

DreamShook and mockster like this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

Anderson would have to consent to a G League assignment. Zero chance he does that.

16. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

I actually think Ryan is talented enough in terms of shooting ability.
    However, Ryan has a history of issues with his back.
    When his back is sore / tight, he does not shoot well.

The irony is that we did not sign DMo because we thought he had issues with his back.

17. amaru

amaru Member

I agree about the shooting. I was primarily talking about defensively and rebounding to a lesser extent.

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Lets be real, Ryno is gonna be a complete no-show in the playoffs and it'll be even hard to play him because his defense is so non-existent. It's going to take multiple draft picks to move him and even then it'll be hard to find a team who will take on that salary.

If Morey moved fast enough, he could've traded him to the Nets for Brook Lopez and giving up multiple picks but now you'll be extremely hard pressed to find a team who wants to take on his 3 year contract while giving you an expiring.

When Morey is finally able to move Ryno, I guarantee CF is going to be pissed at what we have to give up to move him.

lw17 and amaru like this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

History states he won’t be a factor in the post season

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Look for him to be moved in the offseason, 2 years 40 doesn’t sound so bad as 3 years