1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Will Comcast Do Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htownballer38, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Were they referring to the deal talked about in this thread:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=232228

2. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

One thing they have to do is release a better quality show. Its amateurish compared to other sportscasts around the country.

They need to raise their game. Yes I'm calling you out Comcast Tex/Houston. The quality of your programming, graphics, copy, sound, music etc is 2nd tiered at best. The Rockets deserve better.

3. Swami

Swami Member

I totally agree. I absolutely will drop DirecTV and switch to Comcast (who I personally think sucks) at the commencement on the Rockets season next year if they don't get a deal done. Not just because we signed DH, but because I simply won't go without my Rockets for another year. :mad:

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You serious? Do you think FSNHouston was great at this?

5. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Then you're letting "The Man" win.

Don't freakin give in.

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

how does a proxy server get around black out from being the local area ?

7. Swami

Swami Member

I agree with your prediction. I see no possibility of this being settled prior to the conclusion of the horrid Astros season, but shortly before the start of the Rockets season, I do think CSN Houston will likely get distributed by the other carriers. There is and will be to much buzz about the Rockets now with Dwight Howard on the team.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

A deal will be done by Christmas.

IMO.

9. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I wouldn't recommend using a "proxy server" to stream league pass. Get yourself a high-quality VPN service such as Private Internet Access. From the interface, select the city you want your traffic to appear to come from, and profit.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Both sides are "The Man"

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It's the best dedicated local broadcast the team has ever had. Their HD quality is actually very good (remember when FSN did feaux-HD?). I actually think their graphics/presentation is on par with national coverage (which is a very big thing considering they are still a local channel). They cover every post game press conference and also have a good amount of coverage on the texans (including post game press conferences for them).

Not sure what more you want out of a local sports channel. It's far and away better than FSN-Dallas (ahem Houston) ever was. Better than prime/HSE. Better than KNWS (haha).

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Exactly.

In this day/age, the quality/pricing (after the intro rate) of programming across all of the providers is basically a wash. Comcast has piss poor customer service, but has more walk in stores around the area where you can switch out bad equipment.

All of them are taking turns with advancing the technology (on demand was first on cable/comcast, mobile viewing on directv/dish, uverse with the best of both) that its no longer making a big deal on who chooses what.

All these providers will basically be selling just broadband data within the next 10 years anyways (as app/mobile/on demand programming evolves) so no sense in maintaining loyalty.

13. mmeltser

mmeltser Member

I'm biased since I have been on there a lot, but the idea that CSN Houston isn't a VAST, VAST upgrade on FSN is crazy. How can people possibly argue against the quality of their studios and their talent?

14. grahaminator

grahaminator New Member

I had Uverse and didnt miss a game last season

I used a VPN and it worked great. Just use their client, sign in, and connect to either a Dallas or LA VPN server since those seemed to always have the highest bandwidth and enjoy your streaming League Pass. Just don't use a VPN in LA if an LA team is playing, same for other teams. League Pass checks the billing zip code of your ISP to determine blackouts. VPNs work because your outgoing connection reaches nba.com from another location.

15. grahaminator

grahaminator New Member

Ex Uverse subscriber here

I made the switch to Comcast from Uverse while the Rockets were still in the playoffs this last season and watched some games afterward as well. I think the picture quality is better on Comcast also the internet speeds are so much better than Uverse.

I used to pay for the highest internet tier with Uverse and I would be lucky to ever get close to the 24 Mbps (best was in the high teens), now I get 45-50 Mbps with Comcast, free HBO for 2 years, and access to their streaming site for a year for a cheaper price than I was paying for Uverse.

Yes, dealing with Xfinity customer service sucks with their incompetency but Uverse wasn't perfect either. When troubleshooting an issue you could tell it was some person from India reading off a sheet with no technical knowledge. One thing I will have to warn you about Comcast is that the DVR size sucks. I had to buy a 1 TB DVR expander. Uverse tried to get me to come back and I told them about how I just purchased that and a modem (you could just rent one but you save money over the course of a year if you just buy outright) and you cant even connect the external DVR expander into the Uverse equipment because of some copyright bs.

16. towW

towW Member

Superman we need your help! (CSN Houston)

Dwight please help save the city of Houston from not being able to watch what could be a Championship run. More than half of the city of Houston is shut out from watching CSN Houston.
    We need your help to get CSN Houston and the rest of the cable/satellite providers to get deals done so we can watch you and the Houston Rockets.

Please save us!

17. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

He should have demanded this be resolved before he agreed to a contract.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's the Astros, not the Rockets, who are holding this up.

19. newAge_Rockets

I wish he did, Rockets25

20. Homey the Clown

Rockets fans exist outside of Houston. It's not just Houston that's being blocked out.