1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will be the rotation with addition of Terrence Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Dec 14, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Sounds like he would work better with AB then Lowry, he could make AB into the shooting guard he really is.

2. trugoy

trugoy Member

Maybe, but not in a million years is this gonna happen. You think Adelman is gonna turn the offense over to a 2nd year player who is turnover prone, has suspect handle(certainly not PG quality), not only can't shoot, but jacks it up with no conscience.

Adelman can't even trust Ish Smith, there is no way Twill gets anywhere near being trusted to make decisions on playmaking.

3. rockets934life

Honestly, didn't see him play much in NJ so going off by what other's say about him. I've heard both, on his handles and playmaking ablity. Should be interesting to see what he evolves into under Adelman.

4. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I think from now to the trade deadline will be filled with a lot of showcasing and auditioning. As stated, RA let's players play more then the typical coach, and he's not afraid to try different combinations. It's pretty obvious that we have more rotation quality players then can fit in the rotation and we are looking to obtain a all-star level talent...although not much available right now.

Even if the talent isn't avalable through trade, perhaps we can upgrade by trading a Bud or Hill to a team in dire need for better talent at other positions.
    We need to do something soon, because AB, Lowry, Ish, Martin, Lee, Williams, Battier, Bud, Hayes, Scola, Hill, Miller, Patterson, and Yao all need/deserve minutes, and you can't even field 14 players much less put them all in the rotation.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Unless another move is made by the end of the year Williams will get "audition" minutes for the SF spot. The good news is that Battier and Budinger are probably going to do everything they can to prove themselves in order to save their minutes in the rotation. Should be great competition for that starting spot in January and February if Budinger keeps his shot going.

If Williams doesnt work out then the Rockets staff should still be able to either flip him to another squad/ take over JT's spot on the end of the bench, or buy him out if there are no takers since he is still on his rookie contract. Not a huge loss out of Morey's bag of assets.

He is more likely to ride the pine than get bought out though IMO. I believe that this move is an obvious precurser to another move that will happen before mid February.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Buying him out is a worst case scenario, and it would be a big loss. We gave up a first round pick and Jermaine Taylor for him.

7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Will he be in the lineup tonight?

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Lineup should be the same.

Brooks will likely be in the rotation before Williams. Possibly Yao, also. Its best to view Terrence Williams as another project. Not an immediate contributor.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It shouldnt happen though... it would only happen if he went all Starbury on the team and became a PR nightmare. Alot of teams probably covet his potential and its hard to believe that this was the only offer they had for him.

I believe this might have been the first serious inquiry that they took because of the urgency to get picks ASAP for their Melo bid. If the Rockets shop him after a couple good games he should hold high trade value given his rookie contract and abilities.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

TWilly gives us something we desperately need, another playmaker!! Too many role players, not enough playmakers. Now we got one, a youngerster too.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Williams appears to be the heir apparent to Battier's slot (not necessarily this year) and will greatly benefit from playing with and learning from Shane.

12. rockets934life

From Feigen's blog..

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2010/12/rockets_roll_the_dice_gamble_o.html

13. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Like most young players defense will probably determine where and when he plays. If he shows that he can do a decent job of guarding SF I can see him taking time away from Bud.

Given that and the fact that it takes a while to learn our offense I'll be surprised if he sees anything but garbage time between now and February.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Seriously, it might be a good idea to send him to the Vipers for a couple of games. Seriously.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

dude avg. a triple double for 3 games in the d-league this season. He's moved past that.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

might as well say it, battier is going to turn t-will into allstar. People overhype battier so much and thats why I hate him. Make him seem like God.

Battier this, battier that, but when im watching the game he aint doing ****!
    He doesnt pass the ball, he gives up the ball up(big ****ing difference), as in I dont want to hurt my +/- because thats all Morey can see,let me clap my hands till they bleed because im a leader, or let me ride martin and scola's back till it breaks. I give 100% on defense but offense 5.2%.

17. rockets934life

Why? He has already shown he is WELL above that level, besides he needs to practice with vets to get the system down. Since he is a forward who likes to handle the ball, some nice extended sessions with Miller and Battier would do him wonders.

18. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

I think with a player like this, it's important to show him he's wanted here and give him a chance at earning some minutes.

19. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

I was wondering why Chuckwagon was left out. It was awesome when he made espn's top 10 a few days ago.

20. Htown's2kFinest

He should get playing time right away. He's game is head and shoulders above Cbud without a doubt. Play the guy that's better or have the same 2nd unit the same as before with Mr. T plugged in for Jermaine.

Lee
    Twill
    Bud
    Hill
    Miller

Although I'd prefer a run & gun line-up of:

Ish
    Lee
    Twill
    Hill
    Miller