1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will be the rotation with addition of Terrence Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Dec 14, 2010.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think you'll see them on the court together plenty.. and I'm not sure about the better jumpshooter part of that. Lowry has been solid for less than a month now.. and I've yet to see TW play in this system. Time will tell.

Budinger is clearly a better shooter than TW.. but I'm not sure he does anything else better than him. TW seems like a guy who can create for others and himself, something we're sorely lacking right now. I'm sure Adelman will enjoy having another 'playmaker' on the wing.

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

No... it would be awesome!

Back to Back Championships for the Vipers baby!!!

3. opticon

opticon Member

Martin is going to tear it up because of this trade. our problem all year has been when you have Shane in the game you get some defense but no consistent offense. When Chase is in at the 3 more often then not you get abused at on his defensive match if the player he is guarding has any talent at all.

TW in the game with Martin allow Kevin to stay on the court longer periods of time with out our defense falling apart.

Imagine what would happen to a team if they played off him the way they do Battier with his quickness and first step he would blow by the defender trying to get back to contest and dunk on him.

1 person likes this.
  4. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

I think so. Right now, all we'll feel is that we traded a D-League star for a D-League superstar.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think you nailed it in your last post, where you said Morey is taking low end risks at former high picks in hopes that he hits gold.

Since getting a Superstar usually requires you to draft one, or trade for one, and trading is really hard....then this is the next best step, pick up players that have talent and for whatever reason have just not panned out.

Look at Thabeet, you are on the clock !

DD

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If he can play defense like many reports are stating, then he probably plays alot sooner than some people think.

7. DaDakota

Maybe, but he is 6'6" tall (in shoes), and we already have Battier, Martin, Lee and CBud......who are just as tall etc.

I hope Morey has something up his sleeve to clear some space there....maybe Williams gets flipped as soon as today for Thabeet?

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

DD

8. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

What will be the rotation with the addition of T-Will? Well, I guess it all depends on the next trade that Morey will do ... at the trade deadline.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DD. Has there been any word or rumor of a potential Thabeet deal? I haven't had much time to keep up with the Garm lately.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I hate PER36 stats. I think they're dumb because he's obviously not going to play 36mins and nobody plays the exact same way for 36 mins.

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

I was close to giving up on Bud. Then, last night, he shot the three-ball well, and started dunking a little bit. I think I saw him play good on-ball D, once. So we're a bit heavy at the three, with Shane, Bud, and TWill. At least TWill is a versatile athlete-- he might get minutes at other positions; he (and/or others) might be a trading chip. Who knows? It feels like something's brewing...

One other thing I was reminded of last night: I loves me some Ish.

12. Happii

Happii Member

Chase Budinger will be chasing his minutes.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Terrence Williams brings versatility. He and Courtney Lee can each provide backup PG minutes.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but AB might find himself dangling on the end of a hook, Morey sitting in the boat, waitin' for that big fish to pounce.

14. Shanghai Shake

Why is everyone acting like TWill is a D-leauge player!! Man, just check his stats if you didn't see him play last year, because dude is nice! Avery sent him to D-league for being late...not because he can't play.

15. DaDakota

He might, or Lowry might too, with his improved play...sell high you know !

Anyone might be traded....well, anyone not named Yao.

DD

16. Happii

Happii Member

Agreed, from what I see they both play very similar styles. They both can hit the 3 pointer and prefer to drive the ball than to take the mid shot.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I agree, I really think AB is history by the deadline if not sooner. Nothing against AB it's just about the contract he will demand and his value right now that makes him an obvious choice to bring back QUALITY. Saying all that, when has Morey done the obvious?

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I disagree, Adelman has shown that he will try just about any combination. I see nothing wrong with Lowry and Williams playing together.

19. trugoy

trugoy Member

The problem with williams and why he is being traded is that he can't play off the ball. His best games are when he dominates the ball, hence the huge number of assists that he racks up.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We are finally getting some real athletes on this team.

Hill and now Williams.