1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What was Steve's question?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cedsports, Jun 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Cedsports

Cedsports Member

I just came in and didn't get the chance to hear what was the question they asked Steve.

From what I'm reading people are pissed off at his answer. Given his current lack of love on the bbs lately it's not a shock, but could be misunderstood.

"I've never been able to play with a guy like that so it remains to be seen how it will help my game", could be an OK answer at the question.

If he was asked "How do you think Ming will help you out", then Steve is right, he never has been able to play with a guy like Ming. Given Steve never had Dream but for half a season, he has never played with a good big man.

I think it's how you look at the answer, and how you feel about the player, determines how you feel about the quote.

Oh by the way... it's funny how some people bash the ones they know the most and love the ones they know the least.

Just an observation.

2. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

Supposedly, it was a sound byte without a question.

3. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

Don't you guys wonder about the question?? What if is was something like this: "How will Ming affect YOUR game?"

I think alot of you are jumping to conclusions.

4. lovethisgametoo

ask: "How will Ming <b>affect</b> your game?"

Francis: "I've never been able to play with a guy like that so it remains to be seen how it will <b>help</b> my game"

<hr>

still it is a fair conclusion that Francis put himself on the top of the TEAM.

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Ok

Q: "How will Ming HELP your game?"

Steve: "I've never been able to play with a guy like that so it remains to be seen how it will HELP my game"

6. lovethisgametoo

A poker game? Here you go....

Q: Can Yao find the brotherhood he desires in Houston?

Steave: "It depends on if he can HELP my game."

Q: "How will Ming HELP your game?"

Steve: "I've never been able to play with a guy like that so it remains to be seen how it will HELP my game"

#6 lovethisgametoo, Jun 23, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2002
  7. Valio!

Valio! Member

The folks asking what Steve was asked make an excellent point. Until we know what the question was, no conclusion can be made on whether Steve made a selfish statement or simply gave a response to a narrowly focussed question.

8. Oski2005

You're on.

Q: What do you think about Ming, Steve?

Steve: I hope he becomes a good player because we could use another good player.

Q: Some people have predicted the Rockets to take Nachbar with the 15th pick. If they pick him, how do you see him helping your game?

Steve: "I've never been able to play with a guy like that so it remains to be seen how he will HELP my game."

News Director: Damn! Steve was actually positive about Ming. What do we do?

Some other Media Guy: Why don't we just say "here are some of Steve Francis' comments from an interview where he was asked about Ming"

News Director: Brilliant! We don't lie and we make it seem like there's extra controversy surrounding the draft to boost our ratings.

Other Media Guy: Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha! If only the public knew that we really do take player's quotes out of context.

9. lovethisgametoo

Interesting, Oski.

But I am really sick of he using 'MY GAME', even if it refers to a underdog like Nachbar. Period.

10. Oski2005

True, but if he was specifically asked about how his game would be helped, why wouldn't he answer about his game?

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Q: are any of the questions that have been stated in this thread true or are y'all just saying what some of the possible questions could've been.

someone say the real actual question if they know it and put a bunch of stars and smilie symbols around it so i'll know it's the actual question and not just something you're throwing out there.

12. lovethisgametoo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    but if he was specifically asked about how his game would be helped, why wouldn't he answer about his game?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish he was asked his game specificlly but I highly doubt it, don't you (seriously)?

i mentioned in another thread that I have been hoping that our YS(Yao and Francis) combo will be able to beat Laker's OK (O'neal and Kobe) combo in 3 or 4 years, and I still do. Thank you if what you said is telling me that Francis is envisioning this, too.

Go Yao