1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What value do you think GM's put on the NO pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Dragic right now would be very expensive. Nothing less than the NOP pick and D-Mo. However at the trade deadline ... who knows?

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Rondo is the antithesis of what Morey wants in a PG. Nobody is taking the ball out of Harden's hands on this Rockets team ever. The Rockets want an excellent spot up shooter at PG, who can create off of the dribble. Sound familiar? Canaan.

3. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

#soon

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I repeat.....What do you know on Rondo? I have answered in a civil manner and asked you a question.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

He knows nothing.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I tend to agree with jtr , it would take at least one and probably both. At the least it takes the NO pick & Capela.

7. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Nothing new on Rondo as of now Ainge is holding strong, Rondo as of today is saying all the right things. He hasn't played great as of late but I there are no lingering effects from his injury.

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Provide your backup then.

9. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Plow seems to think the Rockets are targeting some Whales what's stopping the Celtics from going after one of these Whales to team up with Rondo? Ainge made a push to get Love. Celtics have Smart, KO, Sully plus a ton of picks. Why wouldn't the Celtics make a move? Ainge's plan has been to build around Rondo not trade him

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Best in the league so far. By a long shot. SportsVU data, using each players seasons averages that D-Mo defends. The inside of six feet is especially remarkable.

[​IMG]

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I agree with you on DMo .... He had a very good first half against Griffin who still put up 30 for the game.
    A lot of what DMo does , doesn't show up in the box score , his versatility , defensive rotations , trapping the P&R and making the hockey assist , he does a lot of things well.

This I don't agree with as when Harden isn't on the court they have no one to get the offense going (even worse with Howard out). Canaan can shoot from deep and get to the rim but he really doesn't create opportunities for others.
    PatBev is a 3&D guy ... not a facilitator. Perfect fit alongside Harden but isn't going to make the offense go.
    Dragic is the perfect guard to compliment both Harden and PatBev .... He can spot up & cut with Harden and facilitate with Bev or Canaan .... while not being a total zero defensively or the turnover machine that Lin was.
    Basically he is a better version of Lin , better defender , better shooter , better distributor ..... despite Lin's faults , this team really misses what he gave them when Harden was on the bench.

12. basketballholic

Sure Ainge made a push.

Name the team and the deal.

Monroe? I'm sure Detroit would flip Monroe for Rondo. What else?

Name the team and the deal.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Who's even available in this draft class?

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Perhaps you are right. But Dragic becomes a UFA in the summer and will be very very expensive to retain. Bev also becomes a UFA in the summer, but since he does not score a lot he has little cache around the league. Canaan, perhaps the best option next to Harden (depending on how he does on defense) is under contract next season. Dragic will probably cost $10M+ to sign. Is it worth it?

15. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

I don't know who they could target but a lot can change between now and the deadline, a player who wasn't available today could be tomorrow.

Sounds like Stephenson is someone who recently became available. He's played bad but take a look at what he did last season. Jeff Green and a future pick could be a possibility? Stephenson and Rondo wont win a championship but it's a good start to go along with Sully and Smart. Next year they could push for a FA or trade to add.

The point is players becoming available is pretty fluid.

16. dje243

dje243 Member

I don't agree with you on everything but I think it's funny how many people repeatedly ask you to back up the DMO defense thing when you've posted these same stats like 20 times in other threads. Even using the eyeball test you can tell he's a great defender. He stays vertical, rarely bites on fakes, and always seems to be in perfect position. Not going to block a ton of shots but we have others on the team to do that (Jones, Dwight, Capela eventually). I actually don't like defenses that feature two rim protectors. You need one rim protector and a great positional defender.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Jesus. There are no true insiders into NBA deals that will talk about it. They would get fired. Rondo is not highly thought of around the league. His glory days were feeding those HOF players in Boston. They are gone, and it is obvious Rondo cannot pull a team up by its bootstraps. Do you think that Boston would have missed all of those playoffs in the weak EC if Harden had been on the team? The no score assist first PG is dead in the NBA. Sorry.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Deleted. Responded to the wrong post.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sigh. If you all don't believe the best stats in the game (SportsVu) then you are going to have to do some work. All should watch the first half of the Clippers game to see D-Mo shut down an all star PF. Or the last 10 minutes of the SAC game to see D-Mo squash Cousins. I cannot do that for you. You are going to have to get your butts going to keep up.

20. basketballholic

CelticsFan,

Do you think Ainge is dumb enough to trade Rondo for Stephenson who is now on a long term deal and is even more hated inside the locker room than Rondo is?????????????

It's simply not logical.

Yes, things could change between now and the deadline. But the odds are the market will be even less for Rondo at the deadline than it is today. What do you think is going to happen to the trade market when/if Gogi is traded? how will that effect the market for Rondo?

You still aren't really naming a team and a name. I'm going to use Charlotte since you brought up Stephenson and that's obviously who they want to unload. But the trade market for Stephenson simply DOES NOT EXIST right now. And won't exist at all unless he starts showing something on-court. And....at the point where Stephenson shows something on-court he may raise his trade value to expiring contracts from a team like Indiana desperate to get back in the championship race. But not valuable assets...no.

However.............Charlotte and Michael Jordan are probably the most ideal fit for Rondo long-term. Jordan wouldn't shy away from Rondo but would embrace his competitiveness. I'm sure Jordan would want Rondo. But what's he got to give up? Ainge has absolutely no need of Kemba Walker. That's a no-go. Gerald Henderson has negative trade value. Stephenson has negative trade value. So....now you're down to Vonleh, Zeller, Biyombi, MKG, and possibly Big Al. But trading Big Al for Rondo defeats the purpose.....doesn't it? So, is Charlotte going to give up their first round draft pick in 2015 for Rondo????? Or what about Vonleh?????

See, that's what you're looking at. With Rondo being able to walk away, how much asset value is Charlotte going to be willing to pump at Ainge for him? You think they're going to give away a non-protected lottery pick for him? Biyombo, Vonleh, and Neal??? Gotta come up with around $8 million of salary. You tell me. What deal is Charlotte going to lay on the table for Rondo that Ainge is going to value more than the cap space?

Name another team. It starts to get real skimpy fast after Charlotte sans the Rockets.