1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Tracy McGrady Needs Now ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, May 13, 2007.

1. Barkley

Barkley Member

I think Nash is better. Nash is a better shooter and he is a great passer. I know Kidd can have 10 points 10 reb and 10 ast but Nash is better. Kidd can hit 6/6 for but he can make 1/6 from wide open position but when Nash is open he probably makes it. I have to agree that Nash is great in Suns. He nas a great temmates in the paint and on the perimeter. He can pass to amare or Marion but he also has a perfect 3-point shooters that's right. On the other hand Kidd has only guys on the perimeter I mean VC and RJ.

But...NASH IS BETTER

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

he's a better shooter. that's all man. that's it.

passer?? it's easier to pass to all these athletic fools where u put anywhere close to the basket and it's a dunk. or all these shooters.

look at kidd w/ mikki moore. look at kidd w/ kristic b4 he was injured. look at kenyon martin.

at least amare avg 20 pts before nash. kenyon avg 18ppg w/ kidd and is now basicaly a bench player from now on.

ppl are enamored w/ nash b/c of the suns and how they play. but i do remember one game last yr where kidd shut him down completely.

kidd can slow nash down.

while nash won't even guard kidd. so REALLY.

defense, rebounding, are part of the game right?

who would fit this team more? nash or kidd?? JVG would choose kidd.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

how about McGrady for Kidd and Moore

I think thats exactly what we need

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Tell me you are not serious. :) Why would the Nets want both Carter and Tmac? Both are very similar, both in terms of skill set and personality and leadership.

Moore is not a starting quality PF either, especially in the West. He is very physically weak and poor rebounder.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

hehe

you right...I was just making up some trade ideas, it's going to a boring offseason :p

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

Very funny...How can you give T-Mac for Kidd and Moore? I just can't handle it.I know kiid is good but Tracy is a superstar and he really is. So you can't trade him for Kidd and Moore. I think Hayes is even better than Moore.

I hate threads where you say "Trade T-Mac/Yao for..." You all know guys that we won't trade Yao or T-Mac and that's great. Thay're our pillars. Let's better talk about Trade including Rafer, Juwan maybe Battier.

7. rocket3forlife2

forget 3 scores we need atleast 4 in out starting line up alone.Look at this...

suns:nash,amare,marion,barbosa,bell
    warriors:davis,harrington,j rich,s jackson,m ellis
    spurs:parker,ginobli,duncan,finely
    dallas:terry,stackhouse,j howard,dirk,devin harris
    utah:deron willams,fisher,giricek,boozer,Harpring

Now how do we expect to win with a 2 man team?

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It shouldn't be about what Mac needs. It’s what the Rockets need. We need a better shooting PG and an athletic (preferably 6'10"+) PF

9. Barkley

Barkley Member

Good post. I agree. You better rename the thread

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how about some of these...

[​IMG]

11. DaRhx5

DaRhx5 Member

great encouragement by VC, small talk like that is good help especially coming from his cousin. Anyways, Tmac really needs more players with an all-around game. A better point guard like Deron Williams or Baron Davis that can take the load of passing, dribbling the ball, and scoring when needed. A better pf that has offensive cababilities and athletecism. I guess overall, more offense, more athletecism.

12. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

honestly, forget about the weightraining, just work on your freakin jumper Tmac. Then I would say work on his lower body so that he can have more explosiveness and lift in his jumper

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's maybe a stupid questions but will Miki Moore command more than the MLE? He is ballin right now against the Cavs. The guy has a good mid-range jumper and I wouldn't mind him starting next to Yao.

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

He is too weak for the West. That's not what we need now

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Mac >Carter
    Mac>Kidd

Simple. if they land mac, they'll trade Carter for a PF and start Kristic...

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This is what Tmac needs, a pep talk from the one and only:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ErN6vE0nYdE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ErN6vE0nYdE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

17. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Sure the supporting role players were the weak link, but that series was still winnable. Tmac open his mouth and choke. Tmac didn't bring his best game to the playoffs. If he did the series would have been over quicker. Tmac is the only player on the court in that series that has the ability to take over a game. In the deciding 7th game, that 4th quarter is when he should've took over. The 4th quarter is winning time. This is where you make your statement on the game. He didn't do that folks. Instead he took a step backwards and watch from behind as his teammates battle without their leader. Their leader manage to score 8 pts in the 4th and went 6 minutes without scoring during a crucial pt of the game. That's why the rockets lost this series.

18. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

A new address.

19. tested911

tested911 Member

Ok I know this is asking alot.. and I know it would be easier to part the red sea, have the 2nd coming of christ, pigs fly, Hell freeze over,and Win the Lotto BUT how about T-mac improve his jump shot? Since about 75%+ of his shot is just that... You have YOUR OWN DAMN basketball court.. USE IT!!!!!
    How about freethrows? Wanna practice?

20. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

Practice Man, we're talking about practice, man.